Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Prop Question

The Hobby Store here has a small selection of props - and I am not smart enough where prop math is concerned to figure out if I can make my plane work with the selection they have.

The Pulse 25 XT Manual w/Power 32 calls for a 13x6.5e APC.

The shop here has a 12x8e but no 13's.

What is the difference in performance on a Power 32 with a 12x8 vs a 13x6.5e?

Thanks!
    Doing my part to bailout HobbyTown and HorizonHobby in general.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Prop Question

11/7 to 14/ You should be OK
    73s Bud. AMA 739, WB7NDL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Prop Question

Diameter/Pitch is order on prop numbers. 13x6.5 will have slightly more thrust because of the extra inch of diameter (better climbing, easier loops, easier stall recovery, etc). The pitch gives the plane it's speed (assuming there's enough thrust for the airframe weight and drag!) That 12x8 will make the plane fly a lot faster (extra 1.5" of pitch).

Don't be afraid to experiment with props. Esp on electric. You can prop up or down all you want, it will simply draw more power from your batts/esc. For every inch of diameter you gain/lose, you need to do the reverse of on the pitch to maintain roughly the same amp draw. Sometimes I'll prop up hugely depending on what I feel like for the day. More watts = more fun! haha

Hope this helps,
    Eganwp
    35% H9 Extra 300 - DLE-111 | 33% Lanier Yak 54 - DL-100 | 30% Peak Edge 540T - DLE-55 | SkyWalker Long Range FPV