Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Eflite RV-9 450

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 07:39 PM
DVI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eflite RV-9 450

Guy's
I just purchased Eflite's RV-9 450. Really excited, and can't wait to get it flying. Would like to hear from others who have one of these flying what the likes and dislikes are. Also waiting before I glue the canopy onto the hatch. Just wondering if anyone has had the canopy to fog up while the airplane setting in the sun. Does any air holes need to be put into the hatch?
Old 08-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Jaybird

Default RE: Eflite RV-9 450

Hi,

There is another thread started here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_89...tm.htm#8963097

I have used small screws to hold my canopy on and I'm considering the holes that you suggested. It is quite a "greenhouse" and although it wouldn't look as nice with vent holes in it, it might keep it from overheating the insides and melting.

I test flew mine yesterday morning and it went well. It needed some up and right aileron trim and the balance was too far forward. On the next three flights during the day the trim settings woked well and it became better behaved as i slide the battery back 1/4" at a time. I'm at the 2-1/4 mark from the lading edge for mine.

If you wan to move over to the other thread we can keep this together and see how we do. It's a nice flying plane with the 450 motor. It won't do wild aerobatics and you have to manage your speed in vertical manuevers. the 480 power system would make a rocket out of it I'm sure.

Jaybird
Old 08-14-2009, 07:42 PM
DVI

Default RE: Eflite RV-9 450

Jaybird, Thanks for the link. I'll join you there!