Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

E-flite Stearman PT-17 15e ARF

Old 08-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Victory Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-flite Stearman PT-17 15e ARF

Hi all!
I have one on the way. I have a spare T-34 that I am going to use the AR6200 Rx, the 40 amp ESC, the 3200mah battery and the power 25 motor. Should I have any problems with this bigger motor? All I need to buy now is the 4 servos.
VP
Old 11-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Chinookmark

You'll be fine with the power 25. If you check out the threadon RCGroups, you'll find plenty of people are flying with either the power 15 or 25 on 3S with no issues. One advantage of the 25 over the 15 is that it adds much needed nose weight.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Victory Pete

Thanks
I did put in the Power 15 and I still havent flown it yet. I have been balancing it, but I think I might add the power 25 though, It will help to add some more nose weight. My only concern is that Horizon told me the bulkhead is not designed for the extra weight and torque of the power 25, I did paint thebulkhead with thin CA for strength.
VP
Old 01-19-2011, 06:21 PM
emederos
My Feedback: (78)

my stearman was a total disaster, i had to add 5.5oz of nose weight to make it fly straigt, very touchy i hated the way it flies. The guy i sold it to told me he even sold it because the 4 times he flew it he was nervouse because it flew like a wild bull up and down. VERY DISSAPOINTED AT EFLITE FOR THIS ONE!!!!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:57 AM
ados12

Hey fellas nice airplanes. This is a bit off the topic but I was in my local hobby shop a few days ago and the e flite stearman caught my eye so I brought it home haha. It has a beautiful finish and looks really nice, but I've been having bad thoughts and wondering what it would look like if I stripped it and covered it in "sig coverall" sprayed it in matt finish and added a few more scale details like flying wires etc.. The only thing is I don't want to turn it into a dog by adding all the extra weight from the dope and paint etc... It would increase wing loading right??? What are your thoughts?
Cheers in Advance
Old 04-03-2014, 05:03 PM
aak1120
My Feedback: (5)

Your wing walk looks good. What did you use?