Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

E-Flite Mini Pulse Motor Suggestion

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

E-Flite Mini Pulse Motor Suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 11:50 AM
bassfisher
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default E-Flite Mini Pulse Motor Suggestion

Trying to motivate myself to get into electrics, so I'm looking a the E-Flite Mini Pulse. I see the recommended motor is the Park 450BL, but wondering what other BL motor out there would do the trick for fewer $$. I know that I can get the batteries and ESC from Hobbycity but just don't know what motor is equivilent to the 450BL
Old 08-10-2009, 05:03 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Flite Mini Pulse Motor Suggestion

I'm flying one with the Park 450. It's a pretty hard combination to beat. I considerered using an AXi 2212/26 but for your purposes, it is a more expensive motor. You can check Tower for the stats on the Rimfire motors, one is advertised as a 400 motor but I don't remember which. I think they're less expensive.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:35 PM
houckj

Try Cermark. The size their motors to e-flite motors.

[link=http://www.cermark.com/products/NEO-450%252d880%2C-NEODYM-450-series-brushless-outrunner-motor%3A-KV%3A-880.html]Cermark Neoderm 450 motor.[/link]http://www.cermark.com/products/NEO-450%252d880%2C-NEODYM-450-series-brushless-outrunner-motor%3A-KV%3A-880.html
Old 08-10-2009, 08:23 PM
patnchris

Try the Exceed Alpha series 450 or even the 480.....From NitroPlanes....I use them. Specs are the same as E-Flight at 1/3 the price....I've abused them for a couple hundred flights and haven't burned one up yet....I actually think they may be a little more efficient than the E-Flight motors as the magnets seem to be stronger....
Old 08-10-2009, 10:30 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

Try BP Hobbies here in NJ. They often have large ads in the magazines. Good prices.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:43 PM
design2fly
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: patnchris

Try the Exceed Alpha series 450 or even the 480.....From NitroPlanes....I use them. Specs are the same as E-Flight at 1/3 the price....I've abused them for a couple hundred flights and haven't burned one up yet....I actually think they may be a little more efficient than the E-Flight motors as the magnets seem to be stronger....
Iagree... these motors are great. Ihave one of their Power 46 versions in a big corsair and it has loads of power. Their speed controls are good too!