Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

New Power Fury 3d

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 11:27 PM
tmaucher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Power Fury 3d

You cant tell me Im the only one who picked one of these planes off the crash sale at hobby lobby sale last week. It claims on the box to have a flying weight of 750g. Im not chinese s, oz please. Just kiddings.s I want this plane to haave unlimited vert and crazy relatively cheap power system. I will use thunderbird 35 esc, and cellpro 3s 2100 lipo. suggestions please
Old 06-09-2008, 12:28 AM
Eseck

Default RE: New Power Fury 3d

Well, I did get one from that crash sale, which was the greatest deal ever, and installed a Hacker A30-28s with a 10x7. Gets Unlimited Vertical and its a very light setup with a 1600 3 cell. My Fury was so comfortable that it was doing knife edges and rolling harriers on its maiden flight!! You will love your new Airplane. The stickers say it all,"THE ULTIMATE 3D EXPERINCE".
Old 06-18-2008, 04:21 PM
tmaucher

Thanks eseck, Im stoked on the plane. Did you have to modify to get the hacker to fit? Any suggestions on setup would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again, by the way which color did you go with.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:44 AM
alqwad
My Feedback: (12)

Got one of these while on sale as well... I have a BP 2814-6 on mine propped down to around 350 watts. TP Pro Lite 2100 pack, HS-56s all around and AUW is 27 ounces, right where the manual said it would be. Flies great. Very nice flyer. Great deal.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:43 PM
hezik

I recently got one of these and it's a heavy dissapointment. I was expecting a real lightweight 3D plane, 750 grams according to specs.

I use this engine:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=3885

on a 2s 2200mAh lipo. These servo's:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=3611

All reasonably cheap stuff, so I don't expect top performance. Weightwise this setup is lighter than the recommended setup, because I'm using 2S.

AUW: 850 grams (!!). That's 100 grams more than NPM specifies.

Now the biggest problem is.. it doesn't fly just like that. Even with the battery only 0.5cm behind the enige, the esc directly under the engine, the CG is still way AFT. It needed 80 grams of lead in the nose to get it to the most aft recommendation in the manual. With that CG it doesn't fly, it sort off hovers around. After adding 150 grams of lead in total, it starts flying normally instead of hovering.

That brings the current AUW to 920 grams, which is 170 more than NPM specifies and thus more than 20% heavier.

Since lead doesn't do anything, I'm replacing the enige with a 110 grams engine and going to use my 2s packs in 2p configuration. That way I might not need lead.

If one plans on buying this plane, fine, I haven't flown it enough yet to say how it actually flies once you get the CG issue fixxed. It'll probably be around 950 grams then, and 950 grams at 1m10 wingspan in itself isn't too much (though NPM should have never said it could weigh 750 grams, that's simply a flat out lie).

However, don't do what I did, plan on this 750 grams and match the engine etc to it. If you do that you'll get a non-3D capable plane. Just keep in mind that it'll weigh around 950 grams ~ 1kg and plan your setup on that and you'll probably be fine.

All in all this was the first and last New Power Modelisme plane I ever bought. Before this one I purchased a Sebart Wind S 110. Sebart sais 4200 grams AUW. Mine, with the stock setup and even larger batteries, weighs 4000 grams. So there are manufacturers that don't feel the urge to simply lie about weights..

On a side note, I was surprised by this engine. Even with the overweight, it still manages to hover and have a pull out, though marginal. Not bad for such a cheap-ass engine and considering I'm running it on 2s. The used prop is 10x5.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:58 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hezik,

The yellow and white one is going to hit my door step tomorrow. I bought the Turnigy 35-30 1100Kv / 345w that weighs 90g and I'll be using 3S 30C 2500 Lipo's. From what I can tell the wing has a + incedence so could that be causing your plane to "hover around" as you say? If there is an issue with the plane being tail heavy then maybe the extra weight of the motor and the Lipo's will help.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:54 AM
hezik

I measured the current CG with a Great Planes CG balancer, it's now at 12cm from wing LE, so that should be about right. It was windy yesterday and I understand this plane doesn't really like wind, so i'll try again on a less windy day.

If that fails, I have a 109 grams brushless engine as well, which is also ment for 2c. If I'm going to need weight in the nose, then it might as well be engine power.

I'm curious about the AUW (including battery) you guys/girls are flying it with?
Old 11-13-2009, 04:10 PM
tmaucher

I have flown the wings off this plane, literally. I just fixed the snapped wing and recovered after adding a whole bunch of led lights. NOw I have three successful night flying flights. Ive got nav lights coming from tinybritelights.com so I can differintiate betweeen top and bottom. Now it looks like a glowing tomahawk going thru the air. cool