Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Looking for a Sport Plane

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 09:10 AM
AV8TOR
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a Sport Plane

I have been flying a Precision Aerobatics Extra 260 with the Thrust 30 motor. I am not a 3D flier and prefer to fly this with a little more forward CG doing sport aerobatics. I have moved to Texas and the wing loading is too light for me here with the normal winds here (9.9oz sq/ft). I really like the power setup but even though I have been flying RC sine 1972 I still don't get the Electric like I do gas. This motor is listed at 905 KV rpm/V with 470 Peak Watts. Thrust depending on prop is 32-95 oz static thrust. [link=http://www.thrustmotors.com/thrust30.html]Motor Link[/link]
I have not flow much in the two years that I have been here and am itching to. Any recommendations of an aircraft that I can use with this motor?
Old 01-08-2011, 09:58 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Looking for a Sport Plane

The PA Extra is a lovely plane to fly. If you want to fly hard 3D, she is a beaut but the light wing loading is an issue in windy conditions. Try to look at the Sebart SU29-30 or the EF Extra 48". I find the Sebart to be more gentle, more to my liking than the EF but the EF is relatively more snappy for me. Not that its not as good but the EF can execute some wild maneuvers. Both are good planes.