Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Fastest H9 Sundowner

Hi guys i'm putting together a Sundowner and was wondering what kind of speeds have been achived with this plane
    My setup in this plane is

Hyperion 20FMD digital servos
    Hyperion HP-TITAN-80-PSW316 Esc
    Hyperion HP_HS4025_0890 890Kv
    6s 4000 mAh 25c Zippy

Cheers Adrian

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Fastest H9 Sundowner

On GP best I read about is 130+ mph. On EP you are talking about the same thing but they are running as much as 10S weighing at about 9+ lbs.
    Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice ...
    Revver Brotherhood No. 232

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tIANci

On GP best I read about is 130+ mph. On EP you are talking about the same thing but they are running as much as 10S weighing at about 9+ lbs.
    Thanks for your reply i'm aiming at 250 Kmh on 6s i think that the new Hyperion HP-HS 4025-0890 should have plenty of power to do it, it will be interesting to see if the airframe can handle that speed my revolver did 216 Kmh [134 Mph] and it's half a kilo heavier i'm in the process of making a coustom engine mount because this motor can only be back mounted [img][/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv63154.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	1349149   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dz80832.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	1349150   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bg93343.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	1349151  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Adrian ... check of their old radial mount bolt pattern is the same if it is the you need not fabricate the mount. I did make my own radial mount from aluminium. Just a simple square plate with the correct both pattern for the motor and for mounting to the firewall. 890KV is pretty high for 6S, what prop are you going to use? May I know what was the set up on your Revolver?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Adrian ... check of their old radial mount bolt pattern is the same if it is the you need not fabricate the mount. I did make my own radial mount from aluminium. Just a simple square plate with the correct both pattern for the motor and for mounting to the firewall. 890KV is pretty high for 6S, what prop are you going to use? May I know what was the set up on your Revolver?
    Hi i will be running a smallish prop for this setup will start with 11 x 5.5
    the Revolver is running the ramfire .46 800 Kv motor 6s 4000 mah 20c lipos and 80 amp esc apc 11 x 5.5 prop, it was clocked on my club radar gun

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh yeah the 4260-800 ... coincidentally I was checking it at the LHS today and wondered what it will turn on a 6S. Great Planes likes its EP motors to turn props like a glow set up. High RPMs. I was thinking of that motor for my Kyosho Kelly Racer on 5S. Hope your project goes well!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh yeah the 4260-800 ... coincidentally I was checking it at the LHS today and wondered what it will turn on a 6S. Great Planes likes its EP motors to turn props like a glow set up. High RPMs. I was thinking of that motor for my Kyosho Kelly Racer on 5S. Hope your project goes well!
    Hi the first motor they sent me had a bent shaft [:@] so i had to send it back to them why dont you use one of the new HS hyperion motor for your Kelly racer ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I may look into the Hyperion but they are not that easy to come by here. I still have an AXI 4120/18 and DualSky 4260-566 in the EP box, both will give me decent speed in the 80 range on 5S. Kelly EP version has a nose ring and its been known to tear off if you over power the plane. So I will fly her as a 'show plane' only. Hope to see a video of your Sundowner ...

I tried the Revolver and she flies fine and hope to try my pal's Sundowner, he's got a Rossi 53 in that baby. Wanna see how well that flies. Noticed the Sundowner is a small plane.