Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

E-Flite Beechcraft Bonanza 15e

Just came home with this one,
    so far after opening box looks very good infact
    better than very good,also ordered the V-Tail option
    just cant see myself without that item?
    Anyway just looking for some suggestions on motor power
    and esc not that theres nothing wrong! with recommended E-Flite
    power plants just looking for suggestions
    Thanks
    Johnny

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: E-Flite Beechcraft Bonanza 15e

Have been told to check out scorpion products?
    what do you guys think, only asking because i am
    alittle new at electrics but not new with RC Flying
    been a glow flyer for 14 years now.
    Thanks just looking for some recomendations?
    Also should i just stick with the recomended E-Flite
    power equipment, Motor and ESC
    Thanks
    Johnny

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Johnny, I have several Scorpion Motors in various planes, I think that they are decent motors. You can find motors for less money, but you usually get what you pay for.
    The Scorpion Sll-3020-890 is comparable to the E-flite Power 15 BL. The Scorpion is $10.00 less in price. I like the prop data that is available for the Scorpion motors as well as the voltage charts. I also have E-Flite motors in various planes and I think that they are OK motors as well.
    So it's really the modeler's choice as to what they want to invest in their system. I don't think that you will go wrong if you buy a motor,esc,or battery that has good reviews from the people on this forum that are using them. Here's the website that you can check out for information about Scorpion motors, if you don't already have it.

Jim

http://www.innov8tivedesigns.com/index.php?cPath=21
    \"Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.\" Will Rogers

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: spool-it-up

Just came home with this one,
    so far after opening box looks very good infact
    better than very good,also ordered the V-Tail option
    just cant see myself without that item?
    Thanks
    Johnny
    I'm envious Looks like one of their best.

Seen this ?

[link]http://www.youtube.com/user/HorizonRCdotCom#p/search/1/5TmmjCbyPTQ[/link]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: spool-it-up

Thanks
    Johnny
    I have a couple of Eflight planes & motors/ESCs. I think they cost too much! I've been buying Turnigy motors & ESCsover the past year or so. Had good luck with them. Much lower cost and the quality seems just as good. They come from hobbycity dot com.

CR
    Charley
    ccrobins@ktc.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

im a sucker for the lower price stuff from hobby king dot com lately as well. No issues yet! (6+ motors + ESC's)
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

spool,

there are alot of good inexpensive motors out there that will work well. but keep in mind that this plane uses alot of servos and the electric retracts so you will need a good ECS like e-flights or you could run a seperate rx pack or a good high amp BEC like castles.

link to inexpensive motors (sold out at the moment) link= http://www.hobbypartz.com/mopose.html along with the scorpions and others.

just something to think about for this plane.

bass
    some people are like slinkies not worth much........... BUT bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm putting the Bonanza together right now too. If the plane flies half as good as it looks, it'll be a winner! I also have the v-tail conversion, and it looks pretty sweet.

Spool- did you get the retracts? They are awesome!
    Ultra Sport Brother #68
    Cub Brother #62
    SIG Brother #100
    Even the smallest good deed is better than the greatest intention.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes i got the retracts, thinking i may start it out without the V-Tail and see how
    well it flys then put the V on and go from there, Also decided to go with the
    E-Flite motor and ESC, now where to look for LiPos that wont break the bank?
    Johnny

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

spool,

i just bought 4 packs 4s 5000 mah of the blue lipos from here= http://www.hobbypartz.com/batteries.html

i havent been able to use them as of yet (wisconsin winter ) but they came well balanced and look very good for the price, also for the price if they last 1 flying season they will be worth it.

otherwise look at hobbyking i have 10 or so of there packs and all work well after quite a flew flights. with the exception of 1 right from the start never seemed to have the same capacity as the others but stays balanced and works fine (less flight time) just seems like a smaller mah pack.

bass
    some people are like slinkies not worth much........... BUT bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bassmanh: I for one will be interested in how your lipo packs work from hobbypartz. I've been using 5s1p 5000mAh packs in a 3D Hobbies Extra 300 which are starting to show age. At $45.00 from Hobbypartz they are signifigantly less than what I currently use.............
    John

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

john,

me to i cant wait to try the new packs, i got them for my hangar 9 B-25 running to monster power 46's with 12x8 3 bladers. the only problem is right now the field is under a bunch of snow and i cant fly the plane until spring so it will be awhile.

probobly mid to late april before i get out to fly it, thats if the fieled isnt flooded again this year. so im hoping for a dry warm spring to maiden it. i know there are a few others that have bought them so hopefully some gets to fly sooner and will post some numbers on them.

bass

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Horizon Hobbies will stand Behind their E-flight motors and replace them and the ESC's if you have any problems.
    They have been Very good to me with a couple I have had incidents with.

When I asked a local Hobby shop about the Scorpion motors support all he could say was "Nobody has ever burned one up, so I dunno"

(combat streamers will wrap around your motor and burn it up quickly if your not aware)

Has anyone had any problems with Scorpion motors? and did the Manufacturer treat you decent?
    Marko
    Kyosho ST-RR, Revo, Rustler and many many airplanes. Check out my Photo Gallery. Google Geobat for more info.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Test flew my Bonanza today, got four flights in. Winds were 7 MPH gusting to 12 with a lot of turbulence above tree level, but the Bonanza handled it like a trooper, and can handle a lot more than this for sure. Full flaps and gear down made for some very slow approaches and landing speeds in today’s breeze that was straight down the runway.

The retracts are doing fine with the exception of where the wire is molded in the plastic housing. The landing gear wire can now rotate up to approximately + or – 10 degrees. Shot some thin CA into the block and that reduced how easily the wire can rotate but not the amount. Our field is very smooth grass.

Anyone else having retract issues similar to this?

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sq48113.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	216.6 KB 
ID:	1392475  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I flew mine this week also. Mine flew with both the conventional and V-tail conversion. All I can say is that it is a great flying plane either way! Be on the lookout for my complete review in the next few weeks here on RCU!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Om33779.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	1392676   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mh19573.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	1392677  
    Ultra Sport Brother #68
    Cub Brother #62
    SIG Brother #100

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Made two more flights on Sunday. I did not apply CA glue to the pivot block/wire on one of the main gear assemblies and that one fell out. Fortunately it did this while I was inspecting the gear after the flight. There are no set screws to hold the wire into the pivot block. Guess I’ll have to call Tech Support.

My Bonanza required a lot of down trim. I just finished shimming to motor down with one thick washer but want get to test this out until the coming weekend. Other than that the Bonanza is a joy to fly and flap deployment does not cause any pitch changes, but that could change with the motor adjustment.

Gabarber, noticed your cockpit kit. Wish I had one, but I can’t find any and the Horizon website says none available until May.

Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I e-mailed John Redman at E-flite and got a quick responce to my retract problem. There are 1.5mm set screws inside the rear brass pivot blocks and I failed to see them. John offered to quickly send the set screws if they were missing.

Here was part of my responce to John:

"One of the main retracts has a set screw that took a 1/16" wrench to remove, the other was 1.5mm as you mentioned. The 1/16" set screw was very loose but when I tried to tighten it the wrench immediately spun. I was able to remove this set screw. The 1.5mm set screw was just loose."

"On initial assembly, when I first noticed the loose gear on one side, I looked into these pivot bushings and could see the gear wire. It was just a fluke that I looked into the front side of both gear assemblies. For the life of me I don't know why I didn't check the rear holes!"

Arrrrg! It's time to pull out the stupid stick again! I thanked John for his quick help but said I would get the needed set screw locally.

Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi how do i post images?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

On the left side, right under the big blue bar that says "remove subscription" there is a button that says POST REPLY. Click that button, write your reply there, and you'll find lots of other features, and of course "upload image" as well.
    Ultra Sport Brother #68
    Cub Brother #62
    SIG Brother #100

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyone know what the recommended control surface throws are for the V-Tail configuration on this plane?