Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

My Micro dazzler project

I have a .40 size dazzler but due to the lack of flying space i decided to build a micro dazzler so i took the full size plans to kinkos and had them shrunk down to 60% there org. size. The wing span is 28 1/2" heres where i'm at so far. Aso how small can i go on servos and not run into issues and the org. plans call for strips on top of each rib do you think its needed on this?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: My Micro dazzler project

the cap strips keeps the airfoil true and makes it resistance to warps,so I would add them.Inresting project,Ihad one,great plane.

Thats what i thought it shouldn't add to much weight. I'll be curious to see the final weight on this. I'm hoping to run a 300 brushless and 3s 850 battery. but we'll see.

thanks,
    KZ

making some progress heres the fuse.

Moving right along....

pretty much finished only need canopy all elec. ect installed and working.
    RTF weight is 15oz. and i should have 15oz of thrust. should be a mover with 1:1 power ratio

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What is going on with your project?????????

It's all done although i did end up adding 1 inch to the front of the plane to move the motor out farther to balance it better. It flys well but i'm still playing with props. and i run 3s 800mha battery and get 8+min of strong flying. verticals are not unlimited but really close. It takes off in about 8-10 feet. and i can really slow it down on landings but it does take some time to slow down, I was surprised on my first couple approaches with power off it wizzed by me and i had to power up and come back around and bleed more speed off to land it where i wanted. All in all i'm happy with it and will continue to play with it till its exactly how i want it.

KZ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good,I love when a plan works!!!