Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

After 5 yr layoff, first 2 flights on E powered Inspire

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

After 5 yr layoff, first 2 flights on E powered Inspire

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 06:54 PM
tph1
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After 5 yr layoff, first 2 flights on E powered Inspire

I had my very first electric powered flights on an Inspire 60 with a Hacker A50 16S and 6s 3700. It was very nerve racking and a little
different, not being able to hear the motor noise at a certain distance with glow planes flying too. I got the prop on the second landing but other than that it was thankfully uneventfull. I had to dial down the throws on the Inspire as they can get really crazy. I have never flown a 3D plane and will not use this as one until later on.
I love the instant acceleration and the awesome amounts of low end grunt. I have flown pattern, not seriously, in the past and I'm going to build an E powered 120 or 2 meter size pattern plane and compete with it. As far as sport E flight is concerened, I think all things considered that in the long run it is going to be cheaper than glow.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:54 AM
tph1

Default RE: After 5 yr layoff, first 2 flights on E powered Inspire

One last thing, no messy clean up!!!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

I was out of the hobby for 12 years (motorcycles and full scale flying). Got intrigued by e-power and picked up a used Uhu glider "ready to fly." Checked the things I knew about, climbed up the grandstand at the local high school. tossed the glider off unpowered, found I could still fly, turned the power on and I've never looked back. I now have more than 20 ready to fly e-powered planes ranging from a 19 inch flying wing to a 16 foot glider with warbirds, pattern planes, fun flyers etc in between.

Lately I've gone nostalgic and built an Eyeball from plans and am about to start an original VK Corben Super Ace.
Walt

PS after I learned more about e-power, I upgraded the Uhu's connectors (from automotive bullet type to Sermos), and changed to a Cam folder for a prop. Probably increased performance by 25% with these simple changes.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:29 PM
tph1

I got 5 more flights on the Inspire today and I really like the E power now. I am impressed with the instant acceleration and the breaking on the down lines. The Inspire is an old design and just about too narrow to get the batteries in and out of but it will do until I build a pattern plane or a wide body sport/pattern/3D.
Anyone have any experience withan E powered Inspire set up?