Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

Second Sport Plane Recommendation

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Second Sport Plane Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Second Sport Plane Recommendation

What do they call it? Dumb thumbing it? Whatever it is, I'd like to get some recommendations on a new "second" sport plane.

Up until this morning (Oct. 23) I had a Sky Raider Mach II that I converted to electric. It was a bit of a hassle having to remove the wing to get at the battery but it flew very well with a Monster Power 46 and a 4s 5000 mAh battery. That was until something went wrong and it went straight in. The motor appears to be alright except for a bent prop shaft that can be replaced and a bent mount, it can be straightened. The electronics survived as well. The only thing that's left of the plane is the empennage and possibly the wing can be salvaged.

But I think this is my opportunity to get a better plane, one designed to be electric. That's where the RC Universe comes in. Can anyone recommend a good low wing electric sport plane, preferably a 40 size as I've got the batteries ESC and motor?

Thanks in advance!
-Cub Flyer Fresno

Old 12-11-2010, 06:52 AM
Doc Austin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Second Sport Plane Recommendation

http://docaustinsfreakshow.blogspot....ra-shp-v3.html

Old 12-11-2010, 08:50 AM
patnchris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll bet the Hanger 9 Pulse XT 46 would work out well with your equipment.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys, but it's a bit too late. I purchased the GP Escapade. Great looking plane, flys very good but it's a bit on the heavy side. Maybe that's because I'm running 4S 5000 mAh. All in all, I love it.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!!!