RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-aerobatic-sport-planes-144/)
-   -   controlling a 540 edge those throws (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-aerobatic-sport-planes-144/11300161-controlling-540-edge-those-throws.html)

suzonka 11-17-2012 03:43 AM

controlling a 540 edge those throws

I have a first for me 540 edge electric arf , and I set the aileron and all the rest of the throws to hi and low according to instructions, so when I did my flight it took off smooth as I circled around the field , and on low rates I was trimming it out elevator only as needed and I turned it with the ailerons and it went into a snap and Didn't have enough time to recover it had snapped so fast on low rates, that it went down so I'm repairing the nose and motor mount , what I experienced was a very sensitive control rate , so is this common on this type of model,because i have a typhoon foam model with the same barn door type ailerons and it fly's very well on both low and high rates and one problem is my futaba radio does not have exponential? so should I lower the rates even more , now as per instruction ailerons are set to 1.25" low and 2.25" high rate settings any suggestions ?

BarracudaHockey 11-17-2012 05:13 AM

RE: controlling a 540 edge those throws

Its pretty simple, if its too sensitive for you then yes lower the rates.

I can tell you that flying small aerobatic models like that, with large surfaces and a lot of throw, without expo is a handful even for experienced pilots

suzonka 11-17-2012 08:51 PM

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

I can tell you that flying small aerobatic models like that, with large surfaces and a lot of throw, without expo is a handful even for experienced pilots
################################################## ###############################################

THANKS FOR THE INPUT ,Ill reduce the throws to 50% less

Charley 11-18-2012 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: suzonka

################################################## ###############################################

Don't forget to put in a bunch of Expo into the elevator and aileron channels.

CR

suzonka 11-19-2012 02:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Charley

ORIGINAL: suzonka

Don't forget to put in a bunch of Expo into the elevator and aileron channels.

CR
in my post its stated that [ radio does not have exponential? ]