RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-aerobatic-sport-planes-144/)
-   -   E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-aerobatic-sport-planes-144/4692202-e-flite-mini-pulse-xt-owners-club.html)

Fliprob17 08-30-2006 11:24 PM

E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

Well, I have been researching for a while now, and finally decided on a new plane. I was looking at the Mini Edge and the Mini Ultra Sitck, but then E-Flite came out with the Mini Pulse XT seemed perfect. A little bit of both I think. I know it is fairly new, but does anyone have one yet? I will be ordering mine shortly, and was hoping to get the thread up and going and start the info. swap/learning tree for all.

Here is the setup I am going with:

Receiver - HiTec Electron 6
Servos - (4) HiTec HS55's
Motor - E-Flite Park 480 BL Outrunner 1020kv
ESC - E-Flite 40 amp V2
Battery - Thunder Power 2100mah 3 cell LiPo
Prop - 11x7 & 12x6 APC Elec. and APC slow flyers - we will see what works better

Doc Austin 08-31-2006 08:08 AM

RE: E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

I've got mine on order at the LHS. Looks like it ought to be a nice little plane. Our setup is the same. The thing ought to be a real streak with a 480.

I downloaded the construction manual and I really like the way they did things on this plane. It looks like it will go rogether really, really fast and it will probably hold up pretty well too. I'm also considering a Pulse 46 electric that the LHS has hanging from the ceiling, but man, the batteries are sure expensive for that thing.

Wide Open 08-31-2006 08:12 AM

i dont think its available to the general public yet is it? id really like to get one but i think i have too many airplanes as it is.[:@]

Doc Austin 08-31-2006 08:31 AM

Sorry, guys. Mid October.

I may build a Fliton Protigy while I'm waiting. I've wanted one of those since day one.

And speaking of which, when you look at the Pulse, it's easy to see why I haven't built that Protigy yet. Everything on the Pulse is real wood except for the fiberglass cowl and , of course, the canopy. The Protigy uses whimpy plastic for the hatch cover and cowl. It's probably ok, but I just don't like it.

I like real wood for a lot of reasons, mostly because I think it will hold up better than the plastic. Alot of this is left over paranoia from the slimer days when all that vibration would fatique plastic cowlings and such, and eventually make them fall apart. And alot of it is because real wood covered like the rest of the plane looks better. Plastic just looks cheap.

I much prefer E Flite's way of building real airplanes out of real wood. I'm going to build a protigy because the videos I've seen show the plane really grooves and tracks well, but I don't think it's going to look as good or hold up as well as a Pulse.

I don't think we're under any illusions that the Pulse is going to out fly the Protigy, but it sure looks teriffic.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...y/IMG_7595.jpg

Fliprob17 08-31-2006 09:51 AM

Ya, I found an online source that says late September, we will see. It will probably be October though. It should really rip with the 480 in it, turning a 11x7 or 12x6. I was really hooked on the Edge 540, but never really wanted a full 3D plane. Then was hooked on the Mini Ultra Stick, but still wanted the "plane" appearance that the MUS kinda lacks. Then this little beauty came along. A nice fat wingspan like the MUS, with a slendered down :) Mini Edge twist. I have been spending a lot of time looking for my next plane and knew this was it as soon as I saw it. I too am hooked on E-Flite's construction, and having the MPXT being all wood everywhere except canopy, and the fiberglass cowl that is a great upgrade from some of the plastic ones I have seen, this appears to be one of their best plane constructions yet. Really excited to get it, already ordered the servos, receiver and about 6 different prop options :D.

Fliprob17 08-31-2006 12:56 PM

Well, the online store I am using pushed it back to mid October now, [:@] oh well, gives me time to get the $$ together for the rest of the electronics, etc...

I did go ahead and order the plane though :D backordered and scheduled to be delivered the second week in October. Wanted to make sure I got on the list ya know. Also ordered the servo extension wires and the y-harness for the ailerons, if I go that route instead of mixing two channels.

John Redman 09-01-2006 10:41 PM

If you liked the Mini Ultra Stick, you are going to love the Mini Pulse XT.

If you loved the Mini Ultra Stick then you are going to go totally nuts over the Mini Pulse XT.

Steerable tailwheel, rather fast performance on a Park 450, you don't need a 480 on this one guys, it will just get heavy.

Out of the box it builds so fats you will need a charged Li-Po and transmitter battery when you open the box, because within 2 hours you will be ready to hit the air.

This one is a keeper!!!!

Fliprob17 09-02-2006 12:57 PM

That is good news :D Are there any videos available yet of it flying? And can you push one out the door quicker for me :D I have it on back order with you guys :D

You really think the 480 motor is too much or not needed?

marciron 09-06-2006 08:58 AM

The plane has a beautiful scale look, are the servos from my Mini Ultra Stick directly transplantable along with the E-flight 450?? Also does anyone know if those wheel pants create a problem with taking off from a grass field. One other thing, is the aerobatic performance and speed comparable to the Mini Ultra Stick??
Thanks

Ron

Fliprob17 09-06-2006 11:07 AM

The servos should be a direct transplant, as long as they are a sub-micro, which I think is what you needed for the MUS anyway, probably HS55's. They are recommending the 450 so that should tranfer over fine, but I am having a hard time convincing myself not to get the 480 :D From what I have read, the aerobatic performance and speed are very comparable to the MUS, I will better answer that once they start shipping planes ;). As far as the wheels are concerned, I am looking at some larger replacement for all three, most of the time I fly in parks and grass is all you have to land on, so the wheel pants will probably have to go.

GoBucks 09-12-2006 01:14 PM

Would this be a good first plane? I'm not a true RC beginner. I currently fly helis (both glow and electric) and I can do FFF and aerobatics on the heli. I can fly the planes on the XTR sim except for the trainers. It seems coming from a heli background they respond too slow for what I'm used to. I'm looking at this plane because it seems to have a wide range of capabilities.

Fliprob17 09-12-2006 02:51 PM

I am not sure about this being a "beginner" or "first" plane, it is definitely harder to handle and much more aerobatic and faster than any beginner plane. I started out with a 4 channel foamy Cessna 182, that I currently fly, to me that is a beginner plane. It might be an expensive price to pay starting out with a wood plane that has this much ability and requires you to be able to correct/fix to save it on the fly. I would highly recommend going with a top wing design before jumping to something like this. The FMS is a good trainer for getting use to the "sticks", but that is about it, it is not good for getting use to specific planes or specific plane designs. The Cessna 182 I have has a model for the FMS that flies so slow and controls so slow it is not even funny. Nothing like the actual plane when it is in the air.

Doc Austin 09-16-2006 06:23 PM

OK. We've waited long enough. When do we get the things?

Fliprob17 09-16-2006 10:56 PM

Ya, no kidding huh [:-] I got the receiver and servos the other day, got them all dialed in and set up a new model in the TX, started setting the D/R's, etc. that I could without the plane, so hopefully it will be, put the plane together while the battery is charging, do some checks of the equip., then out the door :D Got a box full of props ready to try out, 8 total I think, ranging from 10x8sport to 12x6 slofly, with a buch of E props inbetween. Still need to order the Motor, ESC and battery, will probably do that next week.

Fliprob17 09-18-2006 07:35 PM

Ordered the motor, ESC and the E-Flite Power meter today. All that is left now is the battery, charger and power supply. Getting closer.....by the week instead of by the minute [:@][:'(][:-]

Fliprob17 09-20-2006 07:10 PM

Getting closer......I guess :)

Got the motor, esc and power meter today....I have to say that Horizon Hobby rocks, they are always one to two days in getting stuff to me, great turn around on parts. I went with the Park 480 1020kv, even though it is a little heavier but I will be able to jump up a little in prop size which will be nice, plus....MORE POWER [:-]. This is my first brushless setup, and I was amazed at this little motor, about 1/3 the size of the SPEED 480 brushed motors I am using in my Cessna 182, but with a ton more power. NOW I JUST NEED THE PLANE [:@]

Fliprob17 09-30-2006 11:32 PM

SOMEDAY SOON THEY WILL START SHIPPING PLANES [:'(]

All I have left to get is the battery, got the charger and blinky balancer last week. Anxious to get this thing together.

epoxy123 10-02-2006 11:56 AM

After flying nitro many years this will likely be my first electric.
Besides having a field charger (Li Po recharge capable) and a Futaba 6 ch radio...any recommendations on what I need to get going?
Many thanks.

Fliprob17 10-02-2006 02:48 PM

Take a look at the very first post in the thread.....that should do it, that is all the equip, I got. I have the Futaba 6 channel as well, but the Hitec receiver and servos seem to be a better match for this plane. Plus a charger and LiPo balancer, since this is my first go with LiPo's. I also got larger foam wheels since most of my flying is done at parks with not quite the shortest grass.

-Inverted- 10-08-2006 09:45 PM

Im getting one of these bad boys as well. Im super excited.

Fliprob17 10-09-2006 11:42 PM

It should be a great plane......any day now they should start shipping. Maybe get one by the end of next week.....we will see.

Planebeach 10-10-2006 06:10 PM

Hi, I have a AXI 2808 would this be a good power plant for this model. Its seeking a new partner:D

Fliprob17 10-10-2006 06:38 PM

Ya, I think that would work out fine, maybe even more power than you need on this plane.

proptop 10-10-2006 11:28 PM

Got two of them in today at our LHS...

I'm thinking the set-up outa my Mini Funtana should work well.

AXi 2808/24 w/ APC 10 X 5E, TP 2100 3 cell, and E-Flite 20A. ESC.
I get about 250-275W.

Fliprob17 10-11-2006 12:21 AM

I got a notification that mine shipped today. So looks like this weekend will be getting it all setup.