RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-aerobatic-sport-planes-144/)
-   -   E Flite Eratix 3D 25e ARF Owners Club (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-aerobatic-sport-planes-144/6134219-e-flite-eratix-3d-25e-arf-owners-club.html)

jmir 10-27-2008 09:51 PM

RE: E Flite Eratix 3D 25e ARF Owners Club

ORIGINAL: slow low

hello all, I purchased the eratix this weekend and am waiting to get it together and get the first flight under my belt.
I would gladly listen to any and all advice from you all. I will be using the power 25 because horizon hobby is out of the 32's. might get one later

hi to Doc Austin.. you convinced me to buy the yellow 47 inch extra from 3dhs. should be here in November. I hope
The Power 25 will not be as effective for 3D maneuvers, but it will work well for you. I would recommend you use a 4-cell li-po.
I'm also flying an E-flite Ultra Stick 25E using a Power 25 and when I plug in the 4-cell lipo, it really makes a big difference.

patnchris 10-28-2008 04:55 PM

Be careful with your prop selection when going from 3S to 4S....It will be very easy to over amp the Power 25 on 4S....Just a word.....I've found that in order to get the 550 watts from a Power 25 on 3S, one must run a larger than recommended prop. I had to move to a 14 X 7 thin electric to actually get the 550 watts....this is dangerously close to the max amps of this motor, and it will come down hot every time. I run the Power 32 on my Eratix on 4S with a 14 X 7 APC thin electric prop....Approx. 720 watts at full throttle. While this is over the rated power for the motor, I do the majority of my flying at 1/2 throttle. when I need the extra punch for 15 or 20 seconds....it's there...This works extremely well for me......Maybe not for everyone, though.....Pat

jmir 10-28-2008 06:21 PM

I use a 4S 3300 mah pack and have been running mine with a 13 X 6.5 APC prop.
I've also used a 12 X 6 and it works rather well although I prefer the 13 X 6.5.

Next trip to the LHS I'll pick up a 14 X 7 and see how it performs.

I really like this plane! So far, the easiest one to hover.

junderhi 11-04-2008 05:29 PM

I just bought one also. I have a power 25 and a outrage 4s lipo, 60 amp esc. It seems to be all it needs to fly, but i could update with the power 32 later.

junderhi 11-04-2008 05:32 PM

Also, does any one know of a bolt on prop adapter to the power 25 eflite motor? The motor is drilled out in the front, and i was wondering if there was one out there.

jmir 11-04-2008 08:20 PM

Well, I did switch to a 14 X 7 prop and it does make noticeable difference.
Batteries last slightly less time, but I was pushing it pretty hard to see the added power and speed. Could not tell much differenc on hovering.

I'm the only one flying electrics at my club and have always been the center of many jokes about my "toy" planes.
Lately I've been flying the bigger planes, such as the Eratix...... they are now beginning to see the capabilities of these more powerful motors, batteries and ESC's.

I wished I would have bought this plane when it first came out. I've missed out on a lot of fun all these months!

slow low 11-06-2008 07:42 PM

when I opened my kit (Eratix) the fusilage was broken so had to reorder. in the mean time I ordered a power 32 from value hobby, it is a G force 32. very cheap.
I should get my 3DHS extra SHP next week. can't wait. I plan on picking up my new eratix from LHS on Saturday. I hate to have missed two weeks of flying time.

slow low 11-06-2008 07:46 PM

JMIR I am about the only one flying electrics here too. but the other day I put a 4 cell in my EBT and took off, one of the guys said geeeez have you got a big enough motor in that thing, goes straight up for a long time.
also two guys showed up with 3 nitro planes and only one of the three ever go running....dang I love my electrics:D

jmir 11-07-2008 08:23 AM

Slow Low,

I know exactly what you mean. I honestly think there is a little "wish-I-had-an-electric-too" feeling amongst some of them. Some of the wives are asking, "why don't you get one of those electric planes, they seem so much simpler"!.

1 - My planes are around 40" to 50" in wingspan and I can carry them in the back of my van (seats fold down). So, there is no assembly at the field.

2 - I use a Spektrum radio system, so there is no checking around for fear of interference (there is another person with a Spektrum)

3 - I don't have to carry fuel, glow plugs, or starters and I don't have any problems starting my motors

4 - I don't worry about my motor running too lean or too rich or if I have the proper rpm or perhaps a leak in the fuel tank or fuel lines

5 - I don't have any dead-stick landings because my motors never cut off in flight even when I exhaust the batteries, there is still some power left for proper landings.

6 - I don't have to clean my airplanes before going home.

I don't think it could get any better than this!!!

patnchris 11-07-2008 05:41 PM

:)

andy92865 12-10-2008 07:46 PM

Hi all
Well i got my Eratix all together and man what a plane, I'm using a power32 on a 4s 4200mah lipo this plane will do every 3d maneuver i can think of and some that i didn't think of

andy92865 12-10-2008 07:48 PM

that is nice not to have to carry any fuel

jmir 12-10-2008 07:50 PM

Welcome aboard! :D

andy92865 12-10-2008 08:26 PM

thanks jmir

lejongleur 12-25-2008 12:48 AM

Hi guys I am getting my Eratix for Xmas (in about 6 hours!!!) I plan to use a Power 32, or a Scorpion 3020-12 which I already have, and 4S batteries currently in the box ranging from 3300 to 4270 mah.

My question is, what servos are you using? It looks to me like the HS-225MG's are the right way to go, but I already have a couple of Futaba S3102's with similar torque, metal gears and they are a bit lighter.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks/Happy Holidays...Chris

glattica 12-25-2008 04:50 AM

Why not go with the recommended JR digital metal gear servos. they work great for me.

jmir 12-25-2008 09:21 AM

Congratulations! You are going to love your Eratix.

I went with the recommended HS 225 servos and they work just fine.
This plane is awesome!

lejongleur 12-25-2008 01:15 PM

Did you get the 255MG's (metal gears) or the regular ones?

andy92865 12-26-2008 01:06 AM

I to also used the MG225 they do work quite well

jmir 12-26-2008 01:39 PM

ORIGINAL: lejongleur

Did you get the 255MG's (metal gears) or the regular ones?
The metal ones.

patnchris 12-26-2008 11:05 PM

HS225MG's here, also....Pat

kid chuckles 01-02-2009 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got my Eratix when they first come out on my 2nd one now. They fly so easy your confidence gets built up pretty quick and lower and lower i would get until i got to low.
Power 25 ( and it will do anything i ask of it and hover at just over 1/2 throttle)
MG 225's
Two 2100's for 4200
Balance was perfect without doing anything.
Batteries are about 1" in front of wing tube
I do drag the tail wheel off from time to time ( harriers, to low lol)
Great Plane flys better than all but one of my glow (a Frenzy) it is also a great flying plane light and very easy landing as is the Eratix)
Was pretty new to 3D but this plane makes a novice look fair
Will get another if I dumb thumb this one
Also the color scheme is outstanding and I have only seen one other Eratix around
I use a 12X6 APC or a 13X6 but can't really tell that much difference so stay with the 12X6 and it works great for me anyway. A 14X7 would overheat the 25 i think
Castle Creations 60amp ESC
AR 6000 reciv.
DX7 Transmitter (SPEKTRUM)
This plane comes with great hardware also. Just a good buy in my opinion
All up cost of around 700.00
Here is a Pic of mine

lejongleur 01-03-2009 12:58 AM

HS-225MG's are on the way and I started to build. I have decided to use a Scorpion 3020-12, a Chinese 80A ESC and 4S batterie(s) around 3300-4370mah, with an AR6200 receiver.

Most of the other planes I have flown have come with their control surfaces pre-hinged - not the Eratix, however - doing this is an absolute PAIN for me, as I am not a practised or skilled builder.

Does anyone have any quick tips/tricks or advice as to how to hinge the ailerons and elevator surfaces on this plane? I am struggling with the rudder right now. Any thoughts appreciated...Chris

kid chuckles 01-03-2009 09:10 AM

Chris it is not difficult to hinge stuff. The hinges that come with the Eratix are the cloth type. You need the Thin CA so you don't have to hold them in place very long.
And an Exacto knife.
Take the exacto and carfefully examine the rudder there should be some slight indication of were the slots should be. Use the exact to cut the mono and slide it into the slots kinda twisting it as you go. Just a small twist of the exacto to just open them up as you go. Should be three on the rudder and where the rudder mounts. You open both sides rudd. and the stab it fits to. Then slide a hinge into either the rudder or the stab (upright your rudd goes to. Put all three in. Got ahead of myself a little. You need to push a T-PIN right thru the middle of the hinge this keeps it from sliding in more than hafl way. After you get them in slide the Rudd onto the hinges this can be a little tricky but not bad do not try CA ing the hinge to one or the other. After you get everything slid into place and it is lined up and you didn't forget your tail wheel. Then just turn rudder keeping it tight against the T-Pins and put a drop of CA on the middle of the hinge. I try to hold at an angle so the CA will spread into one side easier eithre the rudder or the stab side then making sure everything is still lined up turn the other way and do the same. I am sure someone here has some pics of doing this and might be able to post them. It is not hard to do at all. Holding them tight against the T-Pins is the most difficult for me lol. Hopefully someone with more posts something. Hope this helps and you do the same with the wings and ailerons.

MrMulligan 01-03-2009 04:26 PM

Good so far. Don't use activater as it makes the hinge brittle. Let it dry in its own time.