Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

aprkzone P51 rcvr

Old 10-13-2010, 09:50 AM
mikesand
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aprkzone P51 rcvr

I want to increase the power of my P51. The stock mtr ( brushed w 11v nmh ) is inadequate at Denver alititudes. Will a 3S or 4S lipo pak burn up the brick? Can a brushless mtr be driven from the brick?

OR do I simply change out stock electronics with a new rcvr, esc, mtr, batt pak?
Old 10-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Dr Kiwi

Default RE: aprkzone P51 rcvr

You cannot run a brushless motor with a brushed ESC (which is I assume what is in the brick).
Old 10-22-2010, 09:40 PM
mikesand

true, brick drives only a brushed mtr. I forgot that. Therefore, can I up the voltage to the brushed mtr, brick and servos? If so, will, say a 3s lipo burn out any electronics?
Old 10-23-2010, 09:11 AM
whitecrest

If your current system is rated for 10 cells on Nimh, then you should have no trouble running a 3S lipo. Your performance should improve significantly due to the lighter battery and because the lipo will maintain a higher loaded voltage. Also, given your high altitude, perhaps a higher prop pitch might also help. You may have to move the lipo forward to get the right CG. I would also recommend timing your flights, as your ESC may not have a low enough LVC to protect a lipo.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:18 PM
mikesand

Parkzone brick is a custom RCVR. I don't have any specs or data. Therefore I suppose I'll just have to try the increased voltage. MAybe I can put a linear regulator between the 3s lipo and the rcvr and still get more volts to the mtr. PArhasn't gotten back to me about my ideas. Wiill try to contact them one more time.
PS: whitcress, you got good ideas. Let you know how they work out.