Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

jet thrusts inverted to contols

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

jet thrusts inverted to contols

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 11:54 AM
sfi1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jet thrusts inverted to contols

I am new to the whole RC plane experience. I purchased as my first plane a Dynam Meteor. I assembled it according to the video instructions. But there are two problems. 1. The motor responds backwords to the RC controller. That is when the controle is set to full thrust, the motor is off. When the transmitter is set to no thustthe motor goes to max power. Infact when the controller is powered off entirely, the motor goes to max power. In addition, the elevators only acutate a tiny amount..... can anybody help?
Thanks

Old 03-07-2011, 12:13 PM
pilotpete2

Default RE: jet thrusts inverted to contols

What radio are you using? You need to set the servo reverse function for the throttle channel in the transmitter, that will correct the reversed throttle.
With the elevator throw, either you have to change the end point adjustments in the radio, or move the control linkage further out on the elevator servo arm, or move the other end at the elevator horn in further to increase the amount of throw.
Pete
Old 03-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

WHOA!!![X(] That's a heck of a plane for a beginner. I don't see a happy ending with that.

Please reconsider getting a trainer first, master it, then move up to this one.

AND NEVER EVER TURN OFF THE TX FIRST!!!!!!! FIRST ON/LAST OFF ALWAYS!!!!

Anyhow, you need to reverse the throttle channel on your tx, that will get the throttle going the correct direction.

As for the throws, #1 it's a fast mover, it will not need a lot of throw to maneuver.

If you need to have more, simply move the control rod to the hole closest to the hinge line on the control horn.

Please, again this is not a first timer bird. Reconsider your choice for a first bird.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Also, if your transmitter permits, put in some expo. If a Futaba or Hitec, use negative expo, if a Spectrum or JR use positive as the different brands define positive expo differently.