Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Need help choosing an airframe

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Need help choosing an airframe

Old 06-05-2011, 03:16 PM
JS1976

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help choosing an airframe

Hello everyone,

I'm new to rc universe and am pretty new to EDF planes. Anyhow I bought a F-35 from bananahobby (yeah yeah I know bad idea), and was not impressed with it. I had to run it wide open just to keep it in the air. I recently crashed it, but have been able to save the motor, servos, wiring, & rx. I am asking for advice on an airframe that would be good for these parts. Any help on what to get and where would be appriciated.

Ok I guess I should also tell you what specifically I saved....again new guy

64mm inrunner motor, 25A ESC, 4 - 9g servos, all wiring, and have 2 -1300Mah LiPo batteries.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:04 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Need help choosing an airframe

Welcome to RCU.

I'd suggest building an EasyStar. You most likely will need another motor. The fan will most likely not be used with a suitable plane for you.

Ryan
Old 06-07-2011, 05:42 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It may be better to just start with an airframe, use the servos, ESC, batteries and get a new motor for what ever airframe you pick. There are 1thousands of foamie planes you can build out of dollar tree foam boards for a $1.00 a sheet.

Buzz.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:40 PM
JS1976

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The build your own foamie has caught my interest and I think I might go that route. Thanks man. I will post pics in the future of what I come up with