Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

sbec causing interference

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Eugoogoly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sbec causing interference

Hi guys.

After a few years of not flying I have recently returned and started flying electrics. For my most recent plane I bought a jp energ pro 50a speed controller which causes major interference issues. When I went back to the shop I bought it from the guy told me that because the bec on the speedo is a switching type it wont work with my 35mhz radio system and that the only way to fix this would be to go to 2.4ghz. Is there any truth in this?

thanks
Old 07-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Greenfuelboy
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: sbec causing interference

Hi, I do not think it is the radio. I have had some cheap radio's and some expensive radio's but a low budget esc will almost twitter every time.. Sometimes the speed controllers are really cheap and will cause the servos to jump when you throttle up. You can buy a ferite ring and wrap the the servo wire from the esc around the ring. This will filter some of the feed noise you are getting. I have a couple od 85 amp esc's that came from the factory with a ferite ring. It basicly makes a coil and blocks the noise coming from the esc. You need to keep the receiver away from the esc that will help a little but I am betting that the esc is the cause. I have a Tactic esc do the same thing. I bought a really cheap esc from ebay that did the same thing. I have never had a E-Flite esc ever make my servos jump or twitter. If you can find a E-Flite brand esc try one out they work good and are less expensive than some of the better brands out there. I tried to find a dealer who sells the Jpenerg pro 50a speed controllerin the U.S. with no luck. I think they are a rebranded Chinease esc but not sure. You could also try a Castle creation esc they are really great and do not have the noise problem. I hope I have helped.
GFB