Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

BEC low battery cutoff

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 08:32 PM
HANGTIME II

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEC low battery cutoff

Does this feature still work on a BNF Parkzone Spitfire Mk IX if you change out the original equipment Spektrum receiver for an older Futaba 7ch PCM receiver and radio? If I cut the radio while the main batt is connected it kicks the motor to around 1/4 throttle. Could be a very bad thing if batt gets too low lol. Thx for any input u can share.

Hangtime
Old 01-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: BEC low battery cutoff

LVC is set by the esc not the rx or tx. So it should be just like before.

And NEVER NEVER EVER turn off the tx with the plane still powered up!!!

It's ALWAYS tx on first, plane powered up second, followed by plane unplugged first, then tx turned off.

Turning off the tx first can allow the rx to pick up any kind of stray signal and fire up the plane. Can get real ugly real fast.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:49 PM
HANGTIME II

Default RE: BEC low battery cutoff

Thx Glacier Girl much appreciated! I thought it was in the speed controller but wasnt sure. As for the radio on first been there done that lol, yes can end badly. Had one of my gas boats take off 1/4 mile down river when my radio gave out, good thing it beached and not through a full size boat or worse yet a plane. Again thx for the help