Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

which electric plane should i get?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

which electric plane should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 08:36 AM
saitrix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which electric plane should i get?

I have got a Sky Scooter Pro 2 right now but i am wanting to get a new plane that will be harder and can do more to the Sky Scooter. It has to be under £250 for plane, radio gear and charger so i dont need anythng else. I was thinking about the Ripmax Alliance EP so if anybody knows what it is like i would love to know. thanks.

Saitrix
Old 09-26-2003, 03:06 PM
Crymefyghter
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: which electric plane should i get?

satrix:

If you're relatively new to flying as I am, and the Scooter was your maiden flight as it was mine, consider one of the flying wings. I progressed from the Pro II to first a Zagi FiXX and then the Zagi 400. Both will do very nicely with no more than the Focus 3 (has elevon mixing capability) and HAS-03mb Rx which accompanies the Pro II. The Fixx will also outfit with the HS-55's if the Pro II is done. For economy I originally placed a pin connector in the Rx antenna and would swap the rx back and forth between two planes leaving an antenna wire installed in each, though I've since gone to a Hitec Feather and a new Tx. The Fixx will fly at a very leisurely, relaxing pace, almost like flying a kite, but will also easily do multiple loops, tight rolls and inverted flight under still conditions. Very manueverable and great for a confined area. Durable and easily repaired. The Zagi 400 is bigger, heavier and FASTER. Indestructible. I've recently upgraded it with a Cobalt 400 27T and it's a little frightening in a confined area but I'm becoming more and more comfortable with it each flight. It'll tip stall in a turn without sufficient speed whereas the FiXX can almost turn in a phone booth. If you shop around, either one can be had for around $100 US. Both came with motor and speed control. FiXX includes the battery pack.

I'm now assembling a small, 4 ch sport plane and intend to advance to 3D soon, but I'm certain I'll always keep a Zagi near at hand. Hope this helps. Steve W
Old 09-27-2003, 03:28 AM
saitrix

You have got me interested in what 4 channel sport plane you are making Crymefyghter? I am wondering which ones you are looking at and what sort of price range your looking at. thanks for your help.
Old 09-27-2003, 10:05 AM
Dr Kiwi

If you don't want to go the flying wing route, you couldn't do better than try [http://www.mountainmodels.com] for a Switchback or Dandy - very versatile and adjustable to suit your skills and preferences. If you do want an RTF Flying Wing, you can't do better than the Carbon Falcon!

Cheers, Phil
Old 09-28-2003, 03:55 AM
drksyd

If you want a balsa plane I agree with Phil. The Dandy Sport would be an excellent choice. Actually, Doug is designing another plane that is meant to be an aileron trainer so it would be interesting to see it when it's done.
If you want a foam model I would suggest the GWS EStarter. It's a great aileron trainer and easy to fix.
Old 09-28-2003, 05:49 AM
saitrix

I have a problem though about your suggestions that i live in England and the shop is in the USA. how would i get the plane to England. i do agree that those planes look very good for me. so is there anywhere that has them in UK?
Old 09-28-2003, 06:26 PM
bach939

I got a WattAge Super Impress ARF. Comes with 300 motor. I'm new and had a Slow Stick and T. Moth before. The Impress is a great next step with ailerons. I just flat enjoy this plane and so will you!

bach