Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

watts up meter just a gripe !

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

watts up meter just a gripe !

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 07:52 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default watts up meter just a gripe !

ok so i bought a brand new watts up meter from kintec, i opened the package soldered on the deans connectors and connected a brand new 4s 30c nano batt to it and the screen is nearly black, i then connected a fully charged 3's no change. you can make out some of the digits on the right side but the left side is what im more after like the watts etc. i noticed if i pressed lightly on the screen the digits came in clear but then darkend again. that was a well spent 60 bucks lol. so far i contacted the "manufacturer" via phone and email . i left a message and a email still no response. so i did what anyone would do "who is hardheaded"i seperated the box looked things over and removed lcd rotated 180 degrees and reassembled i now have a half aced watts up meter that i can read what i want but !!!! this is why all the jobs and prduction is going to china !!!!! i even asked how much a replacement lcd would be and still got no answer thats all it is. i believe i will next invest in a eagletree system with realtime data . that is ofcourse if its made in china . usa has gotten so lazy and qc is a thing of the past it seems like. this is just my opinion and yes i still love america "well somethings about it" and watts up will never see my business ever again !

Old 03-06-2012, 01:30 AM
aminkul

Default RE: watts up meter just a gripe !

madmorgan
i dont know the way you connect your watt-up to teh battery , watts up have two connection port source side (battery )and load side , if you want to have reading on the watts-up screen both side of the watts-up should be connected ( source /load )then only you can have a reading on the screen , check the link below for the manual

http://www.modelavionics.com/wattsup...anual_v1.3.pdf

hope this will solve your problem .
regards
Old 03-06-2012, 04:17 AM
exeter_acres

did you contact the retailer? Kintech Racing? that is where you purchased it so I would think that is who you should contact first.

Oh. and if it is the RC Electronics Watt Meter....
they are made in the USA...
http://www.rc-electronics-usa.com/am...amp-meter.html
Old 03-06-2012, 06:15 AM
jzrf6c

Just for fun I visited the rc-electronics web site mention in this posting. Sorry, but I never found anywhere that says "...made in the USA". But then I remember the old days when Japan renamed a city USA so they could say made in USA.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:56 AM
madmorgan

thankyou aminkul i being a mechanic by trade and work with dc driven units in the industrial field such as toyota electric fork lifts and alot of older clarks i think i would know which side to place the battery "source" and which side the esc goes "load" the lcd is no good right from the manufacture plain and simple ! but like i said i can read the left side and just poke at the right if i need that info . now i will goto hobbyking or hobbypartz and see if they have any units for 35 or less that way the sodomy wont be as brutal if them units arent any good.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:46 AM
exeter_acres

ORIGINAL: jzrf6c

Just for fun I visited the rc-electronics web site mention in this posting. Sorry, but I never found anywhere that says ''...made in the USA''. But then I remember the old days when Japan renamed a city USA so they could say made in USA.
see the link I posted....
under summary of features:

Precision and ruggedly made in USA to ISO 9001 (like Hewlett Packard uses) standards
Old 03-06-2012, 08:52 AM
aminkul

i did not mean any under estimate for your knowlege and experince just try to help
Old 03-06-2012, 07:34 PM
madmorgan

yes n thanx all its sad esp when u try and contact the maker and try to give them more money and you still get no response lmao . americans we are a lazy bunch when we want to be . now i wouldnt have minded if say i dropped it out of the box and it cracked or mis wired it and let the smoke out but to power it up and at no fault of my own its no good . peace peeps ive made my statements on watts up ! now i think i will see if i can rate it or review it on sites that sell em.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:41 PM
exeter_acres

again...have you contacted the vendor??

many companies in the RC industry are only one or two people....

I would contact the vendor first... as they are dealing the product, they should be supporting the product too...

every product can have issues now and again...