Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Killerplanes

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 05:14 PM
baldridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Killerplanes

I have been looking at P-38's and of course I've seen the one at Banana Hobby and without a doubt, all of the negative comments I have read in these forums tell me to stay clear of there. Recently, however, I saw a JPower P-38 for sale at Killerplanes.com. The fact that they are not Banana Hobby, and that it can be reinforced to help offset my inexperience have really caught my attention.

Has anyone done business with these people? I have been looking for about 5 days and I can't find any information on them at all. If you have any information, good or bad about these folks I would appreciate it. I know I'm not looking to sink a huge chunk of change here, but it's a fair chunk of what I have availible at this time.

Thanks in advance for any help. I really enjoy perusing these threads.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:14 AM
startazz

Default RE: Killerplanes

Sorry i can't help and i've also seen all the negative comments about BH and over at YouTube and other places,so i've stayed well clear of them because i wouldn't want to get burnt not even once but the choice is yours at the end of the day.

I would say give Hobbyking a look though as there price are really good and i've been using them for a good few years now,they have a few good looking P-38's but you don't say which one your looking at so i'll leave a link of there warbirds,then just look down that page and you will find a couple of nice ones one is a camo version and the other is a grey one i think,well if you look you will soon see mate.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...-Warbirds.html
Old 04-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Gohmer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought two of the BH P-38's at different times. No problem with either purchase. Great flying airplane! If you research the negative reports about BH you'll find a lot come from people who have never ordered from them and those who have unrealistic expectations about customer service and warranty claims.

killerplanes made my "anybody but" list with all their advertising posts on all RC forums about their crash proof. Maybe this is another one of those devious advertising topics?

Try hobbyking for the P-38 if you're scared of BH.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:52 PM
baldridge

With the flux of negative posts about various vendors, the lack of response encouraged me. I have placed an order and so far have been very pleased. Thank you Startazz and Gohmer for your posts. Now to keep this from being a 'devious advertisement' I'll leave this thread alone. Again, thanks to everyone who is an active part of this forum. You can learn so much from just sitting back and reading.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Gohmer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody else get a nasty email from killerplanes "brother" telling them not to say anything bad about him?
Old 10-18-2012, 04:46 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, if I received an email from some saying I better not say anything bad, I would post it for all to see.

Buzz.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:27 PM
John Sohm
My Feedback: (9)

I met the people from Killerplanes.com at this year's NEAT Fair. They are a relatively new company and their specialty is reinforcing the foam planes using carbon fiber rods and Gorilla glue. I'm from Stone Ridge, NY and when I mentioned that to them, they told me they are from Gardiner, NY which is just below New Paltz. That's about 25 minutes from my home so I asked if possible to visit their store. They said sure, just call to make sure we're here when you get here. Well, some of the guys in my club fly down that area and met Steve, the owner. He flies all the planes he sells to make sure they are just that, good fliers. And from what my clubmates told me, that crash proofing really does help keep the plane together. One guy said Steve deliberately flew his plane into the ground to demonstrate how tough it was and all that happened was some foam compression and a broken spinner and prop. I wasn't there but these guys had no reason to lie to me so I'm going to check this out. They are actually going to come to our next club meeting and bring some product for us to view. I'm either going to spring for the Dynam Messerschmitt 109G or Focke Wulf 190A with the crash proofing kit (should be called crash toughening but it isn't my business to decide what they want to call it). I figure for $139 plus about $35 for the kit, I'm good to go. I'll let you know how it works out.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:29 AM
baldridge

John, I puchased the JPowers P-38 and the 'crashproofing' kit, and after hours of frustration I came to a realization. Their charge for installing the crashproofing for you is not a bad deal. I did get the carbon fiber in the plane, and the first flight promptly did a nose dive. Losened a few screws, and a little foam compression. just a few minor repairs and I was off and going. Bravo to them for a great idea. Also, I've talked to Steve over the phone and he is very patient and considerate. I've really enjoyed my dealings with them.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:56 AM
Jersy Hank

I have gotten planes from killerplanes have had no promblems!!!Great folks to deal with!!  HarolD H. Hearon CAPE MAY COUNTY W.A.S.P..S
Old 11-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Chucksolo69

I think "damage resistant" would be a better description. Crash proof kind of insinuates that these things can't be crashed!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:52 AM
Jersy Hank

well u get some damage but can pick up & fly again.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:27 AM
SteveGross

There is a letter I am writting to the company. Ispent about $1,000.00, problems with both planes and wish Ihad known then (prior to the purchase), what I know now: No services, hidden frt. charges and other issues.. Buyer beware! ABSOLUTELY NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND THE GUY IN THE VIDEO IS AN EXPERT SALESMAN.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Jersy Hank

steve what was your problem i have had notting but+ dealings with them
Old 12-16-2012, 10:34 AM
SteveGross

Many details here, I’d suggest you revel in the fact you have had good dealings w this company. For me, this was absolutely the worst buying experience I have had, to date. I for one, will advise all others to “beware” and, “avoid dealings with this company”, when asked.<o></o>

Old 12-16-2012, 11:22 AM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

How bout some details about what they did or didn't do that you are unhappy with?
Old 12-18-2012, 12:10 AM
SteveGross

2planes purchased, one of them almostperfect (rod was interferring with the blade/spinner path, that FW-190 is a beautifully detailedflier.It was just never tested after mod (Crashproofing) lack of attention to detail for $ 380.00 . Others (LHS) fixed and/orshow me how to fix that one.The other plane, not a plane i wanted or cared about but salesman highly, highly reccommended so I bought in trust. a hawkfighter, was a sham, both planes expensive but this one I'd sale for 150.00 to get rid of the memories. They redefined "PNP" on one of these! $ 360.00plusgave me a plane no local hobby shop or evenfriends who have a hstory and have worked in RC shops (7 years) would touch. KP staff said "competition would not help me but, they took the time for a product they did not sale and fixed the FW-190 for free and tried their best to help with that hawkfighter. No hardware, no instructions, no pre-papared manor/method to mountthe wings (PNP?)rods in the box with nowhere to place them (PNP?), nothing predriiled , not intuitive or no assemblydefined, no explanations, no service, (PNP?) everyone herewas lost as to how to proceed.Importantly, awonderful attemp by a female who tried her best to help, even calledto express her concern ona late Satiurday night (wonderful KPemployee)but, never really heard me (understood) as I explained the issues and, there were many.,.too many. She had little knowledgeof consturction, I felt. What she described as rod positioning andwing mountingwas impossible for me (or others) to interprete or comply with. Not at all as she or their video describedbut for meit waspurchased as PNP.No one there who possibly could have helped,cared enoughto return a phone call, to help. It was just tossed in the box for me to figure out and I couldn't and no one else here could either, not as a PNP, anyway. Another friendin thebusinesstold me if he had the directions,hardware anddome understanding of what KP midified, i ws togive him a day or moreand he'd try his best to get it in the air, for me. Never mind.

Having ordered 4-6 planes from others now, frt cost are usually about $30.00-40.00 per plane and, takes about 3-4 days, at most. These two shipped for $160.00 and took 14 days. Local USPS says about $ 50 at most as firstplane arrived in 9 days, the other in14. My frt cost complaints resulted in a $25.00 refund. Iexpected about a $100.00 or morefor a14 day delivery.

Nutshell.. PayPal complaint filed by me and due to technical error on thier end (PP), KP got paid andandI wasrefunded for that plane. For me, that was not the point. I have a healthy budget for the toys I so enjoy. I am a heli guy/builder. 400-800 class and, for years now. So, far, I have had a great experience purchsing and, planes also. After this experience, perhaps I should stick to helis or, planes from others.

Please note, That FW-190 Iam proud to own. But, there has never been a company who wouldn't respond to my calls for assistance, until now. NO one has ever charge the sort offrt prices they did me. Note: 2 days from HK is $ 40 bucks for a 700 nitro shipped to me. Planes are traditionally somuch simpler than the helis I build. But, the hawkfightwer was suppose to be PNPand stumped us all. $ 150 bucks to you if you want it and as is, and my warnings andblessings if you buy it. Iwouldn't suggest youbuying from me, though. Off tothe "dead" corner of my garage until I toss it is my current thoughts.

Sad experience. My last experience with KP.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:41 AM
killerplanes

This guy again! He told us he was going to bad mouth us all over the web, and here he is. His complaint (to us) was that he couldn’t put his Hawkfighter together, Unfortunately, that complaint fell on deaf ears, since I’d stopped reading his emails by then. Why, you ask? In a nutshell, I refuse to deal with aggressively insulting people who have a very apparent “problem”- thankfully, he’s only the second customer like this in over 30 months, so I guess we’re not doing too badly. That 0.04% ratio of “problem child” to well adjusted adult certainly reflects the reality we’ve found meeting fliers- nearly all of them are nice people. We’re happy we met them!

My experience with Mr Gross began after he ordered a flap kit from us, and he fired off a series of complaints regarding a missing servo in the middle of the night. First email, at 1:18AM, bitterly complaining about our sloppy quality control and demanding that a servo be overnighted to him. Second email, at 1:27AM, was several inches of text devoted to our lies about our good customer service - because I hadn’t answered the email from 1:18AM. The third email, at 1:39AM, several more inches of text including several insults about The Lovely Denise, going on about her stupidity, selfishness, lies, and greed. I found all these the next morning, and I must admit I essentially stopped reading his emails (Denise, being The Lovely Denise, kept sweetly replying to his further complaints - until I showed her what he wrote in those 3 emails. Sorry, pal, the cat’s out of the bag)

It’s probable that many of you have met people like this in your travels. My policy, in life, is to stop dealing with them as soon as they show their true colors. Sorry, Mr Gross. You clearly haven’t learned a lesson about the pitfalls of abusing and insulting other people yet, and you don’t seem to be learning a lesson now, so you’ll probably go on acting like you do. Perhaps you’ll find an appropriate support group to help you- but I ain’t it. If you wanted some customer support, a simple, sincere email apology for your insults would have worked before. Now that you’ve decided to spew invective over the web, it’ll have to be a public one.

As a last word, Mr Gross has made claims on forums including the “fact” that paypal approved his complaint (“I can’t put this thing together&rdquo and returned his money. Like everything else he says, this is simply another lie. Paypal is an HONEST payment service, and denied his claim.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:02 PM
SteveGross

It would be nice if this company spent as much effort on selling the service they advertise instead of wasting time on these matters. I certainly never treatened to "bad Mouth" this company but, perhaps might not be a bad idea (if I had this time to waste, which I don't)
I advise all others to beware of this company KIllerPanes. Bad stuff.
Below is the refund deatil KP say I did not get.

Correction (Unique Transaction ID # 4BL74916HL843864N)<o></o>

Name:<o></o>

PayPal <o></o>

Total amount:<o></o>

$367.95 USD<o></o>

Fee amount:<o></o>

$0.00 USD<o></o>

Net amount:<o></o>

$367.95 USD

<o></o>

<hr align="center" size="2" width="100%" />

Date:<o></o>

Dec 13, 2012<o></o>

Time:<o></o>

12:47:30 MST<o></o>

Completed<o></o>

Your transfer from your funding source to your PayPal account is complete.<o></o>

<hr align="center" size="2" width="100%" />

Subject:<o></o>

$367.95 USD;PayPal Posting Dateec 13, 2012;Payment from:Paypal;We have issued a credit to your account for the transaction. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your business with PayPal.<o></o>

Transaction Details

<hr />
<style type="text/css">.balloonCallout{display:block; position:absolute; top:0; left:-500em; width:1px; height:1px; overflow:hidden; text-indent:-9999em; line-height:0;}</style> <form method="post" action="https://history.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d0b 7e678a25d883d0fa72c947f193f8fd" name="main2"> </form>
Correction (Unique Transaction ID # 4BL74916HL843864N)

Name:
PayPal
Total amount:
$367.95 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
$367.95 USD
<hr class="dotted" />

Date:
Dec 13, 2012
Time:
12:47:30 MST
Completed

Your transfer from your funding source to your PayPal account is complete.
<hr class="dotted" />

Subject:
$367.95 USD;PayPal Posting Dateec 13, 2012;Payment from:Paypal;We have issued a credit to your account for the transaction. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your business with PayPal.

<hr />

Transaction Details

<hr />
<style type="text/css">.balloonCallout{display:block; position:absolute; top:0; left:-500em; width:1px; height:1px; overflow:hidden; text-indent:-9999em; line-height:0;}</style> <form method="post" action="https://history.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d0b 7e678a25d883d0fa72c947f193f8fd" name="main2"> </form>

Name:
PayPal
Total amount:
$367.95 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
$367.95 USD
<hr class="dotted" />

Date:
Dec 13, 2012
Time:
Completed

<hr class="dotted" />

Subject:
$367.95 USD;PayPal Posting Dateec 13, 2012;Payment from:Paypal;We have issued a credit to your account for the transaction. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your business with PayPal.

<hr />

Name:
PayPal
Total amount:
$367.95 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
$367.95 USD
<hr class="dotted" />

Date:
Dec 13, 2012
Time:
Completed

<hr class="dotted" />

Subject:

Transaction Details

<hr />

Name:
PayPal
Total amount:
$367.95 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
$367.95 USD
<hr class="dotted" />

Date:
Dec 13, 2012
Time:
Completed

<hr class="dotted" />

Subject:

<hr />
Old 08-25-2015, 12:49 PM
4FunRC

- Killer Planes has killer service! -

I thought I had looked everywhere for Art-Tech F4U replacement motor mounts, and was about to give up the search. Long story short, Killer Planes had 'em In Stock. An email or two later and they were on their way.

Check 'em out. They are do-you-right people.

And for a real treat check out their YouTube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/Killerplanes