Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

bind question

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 03:55 PM
denodan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bind question

I would like to know, is when you have done the binding to your Helicopter, do you have to only do it once, or everytime you connect your battery?

Old 03-30-2012, 04:35 PM
cubaneight

Default RE: bind question

Only needs binding once! If you're using Spektrum gear and you forget to take the bind plug out after the binding process, then the next time you power up the RX the bind light will flash. With the bind & fly models, make sure that your TX is switched on before the model, otherwise the bind light will flash in the model. Hope this helps. Kev.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:01 AM
startazz

Default RE: bind question

I suppose you could only bind your Helli once but what i tend to do to most of planes and Helli's when setting them up is bind them as usual,then after there first flight or even second after i've got it all trimmed out is i go through the whole binding process again,which only take a couple on Min's,that way i have all my trims that i did for the maiden flight/flights in there too.

Just a thought if your using the Spektrum gear like i do you could try out the orange RX's from Hobbyking.com,i use them all the time in my models which are mostly planes and Helli's and there just as good as the Spektrum RX's but cost a hell of a lot less.
I've been using them for a few years now and never once have i lost a signal,just wish i could say the same for the Spectrum RX's though as i've lost a good PZ Stryker because of the older AR500 and the old RX which use to be in the E-flite blade 400 3D,but thats another story.

No i don't have no commercial affiliation with HK but i just like to pass on what they sell and the good prices,i've saved loads over the last few years and wish i had found them a lot sooner than i did,so i like to pass that info on to other people thats all,it's up to you if you want to go check them out or not.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Spektrum.html