Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

NITRO MODELS B25?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 05:33 AM
bgordon
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NITRO MODELS B25?

Almost ordered a B25 from Nitro MModels, then thought I better seek guidence from the RC masses. Any comments before i press the trigger??[8D]
Old 04-10-2012, 05:46 AM
allans
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: NITRO MODELS B25?

Don't.

Spend some time and read about all the things said about Nitro model on RCU.

No service -what so ever, crap unflyable planes, impossible to contact or deal with.

In net, there models are designed to look good in ads , and sell.

Not fly , use or last .
Old 04-10-2012, 07:33 AM
bgordon

OK ! not nitro. How about Parkzones warbirds, any of them?
Old 04-10-2012, 07:51 AM
allans

You get Horizon's excellent service and support. And a better product as well.

Ask people about the experience with Horizon.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:01 AM
bgordon

So not parkzone , is that what you mean?
Old 04-10-2012, 10:06 AM
allans

Parkzone is sold by Horizon
Old 04-10-2012, 10:16 AM
bgordon

Dink! Sorry I just did not know. I looked at banana Hobby and they look like they sell the same b25 kit as Nitro... Parkzone has a b25 ever hear anything about it?
Old 04-10-2012, 11:39 AM
allans

Stay away from Banana too. I do not know anything about twin engine scale models. I fly gassers and there are not many twin engine sport gassers around. I think they present some challenges that are not worth the effort - like engine out situations.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:05 PM
allelectric

Although I fly all electric. Look at the top flight B-25. I have one that I am converting to electric. VERY well built model. Tower Hobbies sells them I believe. (I purchased mine from a club member) I have had good luck with tower service and such.

Good Luck JE

And May All Your Landings Be Smooth!!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:42 AM
bgordon

That sounds just like what I want....I looked at the kit last nite and it looks great. I have not been at this very long and having a helper like you would be an ace up my sleeve...what type of power are you using? I will be off the grad for 10 days, so I'll get back to ya ASAP. Thanks Bruce[8D]
Old 04-15-2012, 06:30 AM
jeffk464

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just baught a cmp katana from nitro planes and it flies very well actually. I was able to buy two 14.8 battery packs for much less then one pack from tower, the plane came with a motor and esc both of which work fine. I have seen the 1400mm T28 EPO plane from nitromodels and it also flew well for what it was, better than I would have guessed actually. For anything high performance such as a high speed sport or aerobatic plane or I would of course steer clear of EPO planes. Customer service normally does go out the window with discount anything, ever try to get computer support these days.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:56 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I would say that the planes I have ordered from Nitro, all have flown very well. They have not been crap. Do they have issues, yes they do. There has not been anything other then it being assembled by a 12 year old. It has been easy to adjust, or tweak to make it right.

Yes I do agree, they are hard to deal with if there is a problem. Yet I had an issue, posted on their rcdiscuss forum and it was taken care of.

There is a good threads on rcg about the B-25. There is all the information you will ever need about that plane.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ight=nitro+b25

Some of the planes out there are not available from any one else. So, you take your chances and roll the dice.

Buzz.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Mooney
My Feedback: (30)

I've purchased several aircraft from Nitro Planes. I bought 2 CMP scale gas planes a Corsair and a Cessna 182, and close to 10 foam planes. I have 4 Dynam models a Cessna 310, DC-3, a scale Waco, and a Peaks biplane. Everything I bought flies extremely well. I would definitely recommend the Dynam planes. The only problem I've had, was a bad aileron servo on the DC-3 and that was after about 25 flights. I did get a bad video camera about a year ago and they resolved the problem quickly. I haven't had a problem with Nitro. Maybe I'm just lucky.