Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

servoless retract problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 12:35 PM
nitro208ca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servoless retract problem

As the title state's, i have a problem with my retracts.

Here is what happened. Iwent out to caliberate my rudder for stright take offs when i guessi had more power and elevator then i thought and itstarted to lift off.Taking off was not the planfor that day.I i was doing is getting it setup to lift off but not actually lift off if you know what imean.I guess out of panicor not being ready for the lift off i lowered the throttle which brought it down(i know i should of add'd more throttle to fly it). As it returned to the ground, it did bit ofa cartwheel.Their was notthat much damage done to it.The 2 wings slightly broke which i expoxyed back together, replaced the props.The plane itself is back in one place and is flyable.As I was checking everything (I.E flaps, ailerons,elevator,retracts) Inoticed thatone of the retracts is not working.All it is doing is giving a high pitch sound.

What I would like to know is , is the retract repairable or do i have to replace it with a new one

Old 07-03-2012, 02:14 AM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: servoless retract problem

Is one of the retracts repairable ??
A little more info on exactly what the retracts are would help.
If it has bent or broken parts, obviously you need a parts source, or a new unit.
If the gear is binding and that is causing the noise, you would have to find out why and think about how to solve the problem.