Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

The Unofficial Dare B-17 Flying Fortress Project

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

The Unofficial Dare B-17 Flying Fortress Project

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 08:09 AM
dgfisher2004
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Unofficial Dare B-17 Flying Fortress Project

Hello,
I have recently startted a construction walkthrough for those of you interested. There is a direct link to the walkthrough on the homepage of Dare Design's and Hobby Website. I am transfering all the current info you my website now at :
www.dareb-17flyingfortress.urbanmonkey.net
It will be up and running then so everyone can check the updates there soon.

Just thought I'd let everyone know incase they were interested.
THanks,
Garrett
Old 07-30-2005, 05:09 PM
dgfisher2004

Default RE: The Unofficial Dare B-17 Flying Fortress Project

Ok, the page is up-to-date with over 300 pictures with descriptions and I'l only 3/4 done. They are catagorized and inorder of construction. Each picture has a description and details of the step. The modified 60 deg retracts and power setup are also up. Along with the extended wingspan and other small changes along the way.

For those of you following along, thanks for the support and hopefully she will be done before the snow flies. Also, Terry, from Dare designs and Hobby was nice enough to display and article and link to the project on Dare's home page.

Thanks,
Garrett
Old 08-01-2005, 07:29 PM
dgfisher2004

Well I'm well into the project and it has turned into much more than I ever imaged. The website has had over 16,000 hits in the last month. Who would have thought?

There are now also custom 60 deg. Retractable landing gear conversion kits available. They are $79.99 and include 2 60 deg. retracts, lite-ply rib mounts, lite-ply mount plate, lite-ply rib and shear web reinforcement and all required hardware. The kits could also be used in similiar applications. Since yesterday when they went up I've sold 4 kits, so there is only 2 left. After that I will have to build the kits as they are ordered unless I receive more than 2 orders a week. There are also many building tools for sale super cheap.

The website:
www.dareb-17flyingfortress.urbanmonkey.net

There is also a link to the website and build thread on the Dare Designs homepage.

Thanks for all the support!!
Old 08-02-2005, 07:26 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Who sells Dare products these days?
Old 08-02-2005, 08:23 AM
dgfisher2004

Hi Matt,
Well Dare sells directly off their website. Their service is great too. Tery, from Dare, was especially helpful with ordering my kit and has continuied to follow up ont he build progress. He is also willing to help in any way he can. He shipped my kit from the states Priority Air to Canada and it only took 5 days(The box is like 5 feet long). He put the kit box inside another even bigger box the was filled with foam peanuts and the kit in the center.
Great Hobbies in Edmonton, Alberta Canada also sells most of Dare's airplanes and boats. They are also a pleasure to deal with and their prices are great. They had just sold their last B-17 kit so I thought I might as well order direct from Terry. It turned out cheaper anyway.
There are alot of other online companies that stock dare ktis as well. They are well worth looking for. The kit is of amazing quality, the laser-cutting is great and the designer, Pat Tritle, of most of their kits, will go to any length to discuss or help you with any building or flying aspects of his designs. He is a huge help and always willing to talk if you're in a jam.

Garrett
Old 08-01-2014, 12:15 PM
arg1415x3
My Feedback: (2)

Probably a bit late but does anyone have a copy of the build instructions? I picked up a kit on e-bay and the instructions/build guide are missing.
Alan