Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

X - UAV B17

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Doug DX8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X - UAV B17

Hi!

First post... I purchased this foamy off Ebay. Nice B17 but the instructions leave much to be desired. Does anyone have any idea where the battery is supposed to be mounted? There is no cut-out for a battery. Checking the CG, the aircraft is very tail heavy without a 4000aMh 3s 11.1v Lipo way up against the front lower turrets.

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions! Tkx!!

Doug

Old 08-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: X - UAV B17

Doug, a little help from you would help us help you.

Maybe a link to your purchase. A photo would be nice too.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Doug DX8

Hi!

Tkx for the quick reply. Here's the B17:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:L:OC:US:3160

As you can see, the mfgr is X-UAV (whoever that is). Made in China. The cockpit cover is glued so there's no hidden compartment there.

I ended up carving out a reservoir up front, bottom side of fuseloge to accomodate the 3200mAh 3s 11.1v Lipo. The battery sits about 1/2 deep into the foam. Velcro holds it good 'n snug. The wires run in a canal I carved out aside the bombay doors to a 5/8" hole feeding into the compartment with all wires.

Duct tape matches the aircraft color (lucky me!). That covers 60% of the battery and 100% wires. The CG should work out nicely with the battery where I've got it. I can always add an ounch here/there.

Tkx for all the help!!
Doug

Old 09-23-2012, 07:00 PM
WVrailfan

Doug,
I have a XUAVB-17. The cockpit/canopy is held on with magnets to the rear and a tab at the front. Lift the rear of the canopy and the front shoudl just slide rearward then. The battery goes in the cockpit/nose.

Jim