Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

crash and burn

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 03:00 PM
jk6672

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crash and burn

....no burning, but crash.
Looks like flying is harder than I thought. I purchased a 800mm T-28 FMS for my first plane and thought I'd learn to fly for a few days before putting together the 1400mm T-28 / DX8.
I crashed quickly, up and back down in under 60 seconds. Today I purchased the Phoenix 4, year membership of AMA (was told I needed to purchase AMA before I could join the local club and use the airfield), and three spare props for the 800.
I'm going to log some hours in before attempting to fly the 1400.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:03 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts
Default RE: crash and burn

If it were easy anyone could do it
Old 09-28-2012, 03:37 PM
rcflyertim

Most planes ARF or kit built need to be trimed out and learning to fly and not knowing the the plane is trimed for level flight can be very frustrating. I think that is why so many self taught guys have trobel from the get go. When you need to be teaching your how the control on the Tx work often times you think flying is hard because the plane is so twitchy or sensitive and moves all over the place. Get an instructor to help you set your plane up and check it over for you. Put you on a buddy cord and let you have the controls once everything is trimmed out. You will be amazed at how easy it is to fly not fighting the center point of each control.

Have fun and enjoy your T-28

Tim
Old 10-01-2012, 07:53 AM
Chucksolo69

So you never thought about getting a high wing trainer as your first plane?  Yes flying is harder that it looks. A 4 channel plane is gong to be hard to fly for someone with no experience. Good luck.