Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

PATS CUSTOM MODELS, what I should have said earlier

Old 10-18-2012, 07:31 AM
oldbassard

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default PATS CUSTOM MODELS, what I should have said earlier

Hey Gang

I was trying to joke around yesterday about Pats, what i should have done was to give you an honest assesment of the kit I have so far recieved.

I did call Pat and asked him a few questions before ordering, he is a really nice and accomodating person.

I am just totally overwhelmed at the quality in his short kits, I am reffering to the design. These are not for people who have no building expierence. If you have never seen one of them, they really are a work of art.

I was so impressed with the Stinson SR-10 after recieveing it, I immeaditly ordered the Curtiss Jenny and will probably next week will order the J-3 Cub. (Enough projects to hold me through this Oklahoma winter).

I am going to cover all the airplanes with Polyspan ( I hope). I have never used it before, but for my own models I want these to look as real as possible. I am concerned as the Polyspan shrinks what it may possibly do as far as warping the airframes or wings, they are a very light looking construction. Any tips you might have as far as covering them would be appreciated, they just have to look like cloth for me.

Bassard
Old 07-03-2013, 06:56 PM
amapmfg

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: PATS CUSTOM MODELS, what I should have said earlier

You will love poly span ,use SIG Stix-it or Balsarite

Search this Thread