Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

PATS CUSTOM MODELS, what I should have said earlier

Hey Gang

I was trying to joke around yesterday about Pats, what i should have done was to give you an honest assesment of the kit I have so far recieved.

I did call Pat and asked him a few questions before ordering, he is a really nice and accomodating person.

I am just totally overwhelmed at the quality in his short kits, I am reffering to the design. These are not for people who have no building expierence. If you have never seen one of them, they really are a work of art.

I was so impressed with the Stinson SR-10 after recieveing it, I immeaditly ordered the Curtiss Jenny and will probably next week will order the J-3 Cub. (Enough projects to hold me through this Oklahoma winter).

I am going to cover all the airplanes with Polyspan ( I hope). I have never used it before, but for my own models I want these to look as real as possible. I am concerned as the Polyspan shrinks what it may possibly do as far as warping the airframes or wings, they are a very light looking construction. Any tips you might have as far as covering them would be appreciated, they just have to look like cloth for me.

Bassard

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: PATS CUSTOM MODELS, what I should have said earlier

You will love poly span ,use SIG Stix-it or Balsarite