Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Wattage CAP232 w/ Cobalt 400???

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Wattage CAP232 w/ Cobalt 400???

Old 09-12-2003, 08:31 PM
RCaillouet3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wattage CAP232 w/ Cobalt 400???

Hello all!! I am new to the electric scene. I have built and flown glow for nearly 15 years. I am now looking for a new type of challenge. I am interested in purchasing the Wattage CAP232 w/ Cobalt 400 from Hobby People. Anyway, I have no idea how this particular airplane flies with the cobalt motor. I have seen some people locally flying electric and I thought this would be a good fun airplane. The problem is that all of the locals here say that I have to spend close to $600 to get a descent performing airplane. I am not looking for something that will hover, but I would like something that doesn't get in its own way if you know what I mean. Ideally I would like something that I can fly during the winter that gives me some modest performance (by that meaning enjoyable and not always fighting for altitude,) and can run on an 8 cell or smaller pack. The reason for the 8 cell max pack, is that is all my charger (AMC Super Brain) will handle, and don't want to buy another $100 + charger.
Thanks ahead of time for the help!!!

Reg
Old 09-12-2003, 10:30 PM
vanman
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Wattage CAP232 w/ Cobalt 400???

I have the wattage Ultimate Bipe and love it. I get really nice flights using the 1700mah 9.6v "Zagi" packs (5-7 minutes at WOT).

There is a guy at our field that has the wattage 232 and he cant get the same flight time with the same pack as I use..........go figure.

At any rate the ultimate is a very nice flying and tame electric that does have some vertical, snaps like you wouldn't believe, rolls and loops with the best of them. But is very predictable. This was my first bi-plane and was a little worried about how small it was....always heard that the smaller the bi-plane the worse they fly....not this one.

anyhow, just my .02. Hope it helps
Old 09-29-2003, 11:38 AM
Epoxy Cup

RCaillouet3,

Sounds like you and I have built and flown about the same time. I have gone the glow route from .15 to 1.60 1/4 scale. Now trying the heli's. I also like electrics and have a couple Zagi's, GWS moth and slow stick, and a wattage Decatlon.
The Decathlon is pretty good climbs and rolls but flight time is a little short with 8 cell 900 mah Nimh.
I would suggest and judgeing from what you want that you take a look at Northeast sailplanes websight, maybe even give them a call. They always have weekly sales going and for a little more you can get a nice plane like the Accord - 2 and MP-jet brushless motor/ speed control for around $275 I think. You would be much more satisfied in the long run. Or you could fly the plane on a speed 480 brush motor if you didnt want to go brushless until later. I would call and talk to Sal or one of the people there they are very knowledgable and give good sound advice.
Old 09-29-2003, 11:40 AM
Epoxy Cup

Sorry left the link out of the above for you in case your interested

http://www.nesail.com/