Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Buddy Box?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 11:54 AM
th1bill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buddy Box?

Having not flown in over twenty years, I'm lost. I purchased a Dynam USB Sim and downloaded the FMSsim program to get some basic swkill going. I purchased an Electric Park Flyer for the purpose of traing, the 46.6 inch, 4 channel Wing Dragon because I now quiver quite a bit with my Agent Orange induced Multiple Sclerosis.

Okay, enough digressing, my Tx is the stock Chinese 2,4 gh with a 3.5mm audio port for use on the Computer and, of course, my Dynam is USB. Can I do a patch cord with a dual channel or a single channe 3.5 audio male to a USB Female and use the main 4 channels of the 6 channel Dynam Sim for a Buddy Box or do I need to go in another route and if so, what?

I am looking to teach my 8 year lod grandson and the kids and teens at my Church. In advance, thank you for your help.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:38 AM
ATVAlliance

Default RE: Buddy Box?

Its hard to tell given your TX is a chinese no name brand one.  And dont take that as a "knock" by any means...I own a FlySky ground radio myself and think that it is a pretty good radio for the money invested.

If it has a trainer port on it...then most likely it will be able to be used to buddy box, given you have another compatible radio...not all radios are compatible with one another to do buddy boxing with.

I do know that my FlySky radio does have a trainer port.  It is 1/8" jack and I would assume would use the same trainer cable as JR/Spektrum...but I havent tried it to be honest.

I think your best bet would be to see if where you bought it from has a tech support number or chat(if online retailer, most do have that) and ask someone there.  But like I said...if it has a trainer port, then Id say it would be capable of buddy boxing.  Obviously not with your SIM controller, but another "like" radio.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:08 AM
th1bill

Thank you for the thoughts. The specs on my Radio show that a 3.5mm (1/8") port to connect to my computer through the Mic. Port so I'm thinking it must also be useful for a Buddy Box.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:08 PM
ATVAlliance

ORIGINAL: th1bill

Thank you for the thoughts. The specs on my Radio show that a 3.5mm (1/8") port to connect to my computer through the Mic. Port so I'm thinking it must also be useful for a Buddy Box.
I would have to agree with you on that.However, just because your chinese no name radio has an 1/8" jack on the back just like a Spektrum or JR...doesnt mean that they will work together. However, if you had 2 of the exact same radios...Id say it would work fine. Heck...it may even work with a JR/Spektrum radio as well. Just wouldnt be dissapointed if it didnt.

Ive never used the mic jack to SIM with. i use a sim cable that has USB on one end and 1/8" jack on other. I always thought you had to run some seperate software when using the mic input on your sound card...in addition to whatever SIM software. Not to say Im right...just how I always "thought"it to be.

goodluck