Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Zagi LE electric conversion question

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Zagi LE electric conversion question

Old 09-14-2003, 05:49 PM
Big_3Dan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zagi LE electric conversion question

Hi!

I have a Slope Zagi Le glider.... it sems that for some time we're losing slopes here either to constructions or we're not wanted in the place. : ( So i was thinking of converting my Zagi LE to electric to fly at our local club. I just want to do regular sport flying with it not extreme speed just descent sport aerobatics loops, rolls ect. i know i can i use the real electric zagi as a guideline but my knoledg in electric flight is limited. So what kind of setup can i use?? i know they use speed 400. Can i use a 480 what kind of batteries and Bec do i use?? I wan something simple cheap?? and straightforward just to fly when i get the urge to fly anywhere! Any help is greatly areciated guys! Thanks in advance!

Dan In PR
Old 09-15-2003, 07:09 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Zagi LE electric conversion question

Sure, you can use many motors on the Zagi. A generic "480," also known as a "long can 400," with a 10-cell KAN1050 or HECELL pack, and the standard Zagi "Spoon" prop would be a common upgrade. To make it easy, you probably just want to get the standard Zagi 400 motor tray. You also need a 20A brushed motor electronic speed control (ESC).
Old 09-16-2003, 09:39 PM
miamiquasar

Default RE: Zagi LE electric conversion question

Hey there,
I have three flying wings now & my first was a converted LE.It is still flight ready.I kept the standard servos installed & removed the 'AA' slope flight-pack & filled the hole with a piece of scrap foam.I fitted a standard Zagi or generic tray/canopy with the receiver buried beneath.It flies great with a speed 400 or 480 motor(20amp controller)& I use inexpensive 8 cell 600mah Nicad packs...or whatever will fit the tray you buy or build(see trickrc.com for these parts)ie/ 'AA's nicads or nimh etc.Add an inexpensive Hitec CG340 charger(for feild charging)& you are in the E-flying business!I still had to use a little lead in the nose for balance(as per stock CG...or maybe a little aft )

DO IT...You will not regret it.It works like a charm!

I LOVE the slope but the wind is not as reliable as your batteries are!

Regards.
M.Q.