Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

2 Wire ESC

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 05:20 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Default 2 Wire ESC

I recently picked up a 3-D EPP YAK kit. I think it may have been laying around for a while. Anyway, it has a two wire motor. The recommended ESC was a GPMP 2020, a 20 AMP ESC which appears to be no longer available. Seeing how all the ESCs out there are 3 wire output to the motor, I was thinking that I could use a 3 wire ESC's Black wire to the Black wire on the motor and the two other wires to the Red wire on the motor. Could this work?
Old 01-26-2013, 05:24 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts
Default RE: 2 Wire ESC

No.

You have a brushless motor and a brushed motor ESC. You need a brushless ESC
Old 01-27-2013, 05:53 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 2 Wire ESC

If I read your post correctly, you have a motor with two wires. That means it is a brushed motor. If so, you need a brush (two wire) ESC. Any brush ESC rated for 20 or more amperes should work okay. You can not modify a brushless ESC to run a brushed motor.