Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.
View Poll Results: A poll
yes
33.33%
No
33.33%
Maybe
0%
Crazy
33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Electric Rotowing for E.Vs

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 03:35 PM
charlie111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Rotowing for E.Vs

I have mentioned this on other Forums.But, it seems that Nobody can Grasp what I'm doing?I have Developed an Electric (Self Rotating Wing). This concept is Far from new.It has been around since the 50s if you research it. I have made a Few Alterations Like using a Typical Rigid Wing in a Propellor Configuration.It is Rotated by Electric Motors mounted slightly in from the Wingtips to Reduce likelyhood of Oscilation.I have turned my attention to Using a (Smart Car) as a Power Supply.Taking advantage of all the Comforts,Safety Features and Technology allready in the Vehicle.The Auto would Drive into the Unit and plug into PowerMotors and (Fly by Wire) controls.If you look at my 1st Prototype you will see.I have only Made one Significant Change and that was the Direction of Rotation.This allows me to Run Stock Rotation on Both wing Motors with stock props. Getting Equal and Excellant Airflow.I know Most People would disagree.But I personally think Todays Heli's are (Dislecsic)!.The Self rotating wing can be Landed even if one motor Malfuntions.Try that with a Quad Copter or any Quad Aircraft or Tilt Wing.I would rather be in a Large Rotating wing.Even if Both Motors Quit.?and I was forced to Autorotate .That being said.The Electric Auto could then unplug and Drive Off.Leaving the Unit at the Airfield.It's Very Green.Quiet and easier to Pilot than a Conventional Heli.I Hope I can Find Someone that agrees with Me that this is Possible!!
Old 03-16-2013, 05:56 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Electric Rotowing for E.Vs

Got any pics or links?
Old 03-16-2013, 11:33 AM
charlie111

Look under charlie 111 st prototype.Have High performance Morors and Larger wing also changed direction of Rotation allowing me to use stock rotation on Both Sides with stock props.Had to Run one Side in Reverse to get Desire Airflow.A real Hassel finding props. ond reversing wireing!! What a Relief?!! It's the only way to Fly?
Old 03-17-2013, 08:20 AM
charlie111

Did you see my pics. of 1st. prototype.Had to change Direction of Rotation.To Run Stock Props and Rotation on Rotarywing Motors.What a (Pain Reverse Wiring and Props.) to Achieve Desired Airflow on Both Sides.Also (Most Efficiante) Airflow.Using (All) the air Generated by Props over wing area.Rotating the other way Throws Most of the Air Over the Wingtip!I It is Much easier to turn something with Leverage.I Really think todays are (Dislecsic) Taking Both Hands and Both Feet to Keep Something Aloft in ainline.Most VTOL most automated Use Vectoring to control Direction as I do.No Tail or Collective Needed! It can be Safely Landed if one Motor Malfuntion.(Emergancy collective for Autorotation) should somehow Both Motors Fail?You can't do that with a Quad Anything (Loose a Motor) or Tilt Rotor.It's just Safer in Many Ways Not to Mention Greener ,Quieter and More Efficiante! Fuel Wise.Centrifigul Force Helps Aid in Rotation.It only makes (Perfect ) sence to build a vtol this way.On Paper you should agree?
Old 03-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

No - where do I 'look under'
charlie 111 st prototype
? I tried RCU search and google. I see one small pic on your profile page, hard to see any details. I am interested though.

You're in Lynn - are you a GE guy?
Old 03-17-2013, 06:12 PM
charlie111

Nope Just like you an Aviation Person! Try Twitter, Facebook,My space, [email protected] or [email protected] should be able to enlarge Pics.Cotacts similar to a Car Horn transfer Voltage to Rotarywing.I just don't know why it has'nt been done Before this.It's almost a No Brainer if you understand anything about Flight! Usually if you click on the picture itself you will enlarge it?