Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

A123 help what ever the chinese call them now!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

A123 help what ever the chinese call them now!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 07:45 AM
capitalB
My Feedback: (36)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A123 help what ever the chinese call them now!

I am building a motorcycle battery. I need a total of 200 amps (cranking, 2-3 sec. bursts) from 8 cells. These are the cells others are using to do this. The AAs are for a size reference only. Can anybody find me a source that is shipped from 'merica. Brian
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84706.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1901440  
Old 07-23-2013, 06:28 AM
subzJC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A123 help what ever the chinese call them now!

Yup, if you buy these A123's directly from www.voltmanbatteries.com, they ship with spot welded tabs that are very easy to solder. Since you are dealing with heavy gauge wire, it would be wise to have access to a heavy duty soldering iron. I've got a 40 watt temperature regulated soldering iron, and it is to small. My big soldering iron is a 100 Watt temperature controlled soldering iron (NOT a soldering gun!) made by Weller, their part number W100P.

Take a look:
http://www.voltmanbatteries.com/serv...1-dsh-A/Detail

I copied this from a post on Watt Flyer, this is all this guy uses and I checked the site it in Ohio.