Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Micro receivers

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 07:17 PM
Steve Westphal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Micro receivers

What micro receivers are the most common receivers used in the park flyers? A good friend of mine flies using the Assan 6 ch. Rx. He flies with a Hitec 9ch. Tx. Are the Berg micro receivers a good product? I am just now building small models whereas all of the tiny planes I fly are RTF's. I could use some good recommendations concerning small flight packs. I have some good hints about ESC's and motors but would love to hear what the other experienced pilots use....ie.different plugs from servos to receivers, etc. Thanks.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:48 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Westphal
What micro receivers are the most common receivers used in the park flyers? A good friend of mine flies using the Assan 6 ch. Rx. He flies with a Hitec 9ch. Tx. Are the Berg micro receivers a good product? I am just now building small models whereas all of the tiny planes I fly are RTF's. I could use some good recommendations concerning small flight packs. I have some good hints about ESC's and motors but would love to hear what the other experienced pilots use....ie.different plugs from servos to receivers, etc. Thanks.

What radio do you have. That will determine what receivers you can use.

Most popular are probably Spektrum but they are for Spekturm compatible radios.

What receivers you use depends on what radio you have. If your friend has an Assan module in his Hitec radio than he has to use Assan receivers that are compatible with that module. He has no other choices. Can't use Spektrum or JR or Futaba or .... Has to be an Assan compatible receiver.

Berg made fine 72 MHz receivers but I am not aware of them making 2.4 GHz receivers.

EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT ELECTRIC POWERED FLIGHT
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7100376/tm.htm

Read the chapter on receivers

Last edited by aeajr; 08-31-2013 at 06:51 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:47 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"http://www.sombralabs.com/products.php"

I have been using the Lepton 6, on 50 mHz for a number of years now and am quite happy with it. You need the programmer, and you can put it on any channel you like.

Les