Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Motor shaft replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 12:10 PM
dasflugmodele

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor shaft replacement

I have a Flyzone Corsair that has a bent shaft. Need to find a replacement as great planes can't supply one, onlly the motor. 4 mm Dia , x 60 mm long. Any suggestions??
Thanks
Old 10-18-2013, 07:19 AM
Dr Kiwi

http://www.headsuphobby.com/Replacem...m-Z-100-15.htm
Old 10-18-2013, 08:06 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got to love the arf suppliers. Why would they want to supply spare parts???
Old 10-28-2013, 06:44 AM
dasflugmodele

Thanks for the reply .The shaft is ordered. Looks like a new source for good stuff. Your help is appreciated.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:23 PM
DaveHickey

If you look at your LHS (assuming you still have one) you will notice that all that 5/32" music
wire is labeled "5/32 inches (4mm)" I

f it's been in the rack a little too long and the outside is grungy and it won't fit thru your bearings
chuck the new shaft in your power drill and polish it up with some 220 grit aluminum oxide sandpaper.

Cut flats with a grinding wheel and use a 5/32" wheel collar in place of a circlip. I haven't found a good
way to cut a circlip groove yet.

Works fine for me, I go thru a lot of motor shafts, I'm trying to learn how to fly 3D.

D.H.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:13 PM
dasflugmodele

Thanks for the help. I dont happen to have any 5/32 wire and the Ace Hardware that does is 26 miles away. So I can take the gear off on of my nitro planes and make a shaft. Its certainly a good helpful way to replace a motor shaft. The one I ordered arrived and is installed and motor runs fine. Again thanks for the help.Now if the wind would subside and warm temp. show up I would be in the air.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:20 AM
catspaw

You might be able to cut a clip groove by spinning it in a drill and using a hacksaw blade.
The downside is that the hacksaw blade is fairly broad compared to the actual groove needed, so if you can find something else that can work on metal, that might help. Perhaps one of those super thin dremel cutoff wheels? the ones that break easy.
If one has access to a lathe, it's not as difficult, but the average modeler doesn't have access to one.