Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

losing throttle connection to brushless motor

Old 03-24-2014, 11:49 AM
im4rc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default losing throttle connection to brushless motor

I have a Starmax P-51 & when I brought it out to the field for it's first flight I had motor problems. What happens is this: after connecting the ESC to the battery the motor will run. However, after running the motor to full throttle & then to idle, I wait til the prop stops & I then advance the throttle & get no response. I then have to unplug from the ESC, re-connect, & then the motor will run until I go back to idle & then the problem repeats itself. I did get it in the air for a short flight but the motor would not reach full power after advancing the throttle. The ESC is rated at 80A & I am using 14.8v batteries of 3800ma. Any ideas as to what my problem might be?
Old 03-26-2014, 08:50 AM
aeajr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I moved your post to a different forum as the "Ask Sal" forum is inactive. Hopefully you will get more help here.

Have never seen the problem you are having. All I can think of is that your throttle position is not returning all they way to zero and the ESC is resetting for some reason. But that is a WAG.

Maybe someone else has an idea.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:24 PM
bikemike2777

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I was having an issue like that with my 40 amp esc trying to turn a 107 slow flyer prop then I went out and got a 105 sport prop and seems to not have that issue now. I sure I was pushing motor to hard and esc went to a cut out mode. My motor with esc should have handled the load but esc is not letting me push what is recommended so I went less pitch and it seems alright.

Search this Thread