Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Kontronic Power Jazz ESC

Old 09-14-2014, 02:42 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Kontronic Power Jazz ESC

Hi all
I have two Power Jazz 63v ESCs that I had used some time ago, one in a large EDF and the other in a Hele but both have sat in a draw since. One of them has now been fitted into a converted "50cc" Extra along with a large out runner motor and will be powerd by a 12s lipo pack. Unfortunately I have no accurate memory of how these Jazz ESC had been programed but know at least one is set up in hele mode and poss the other with low timing to suit a Nue in-runner in the 120mm EDF. To be safe I have now purchased a 9305 Programing card to both check and adjust them if needed.

"My problem is when I connect up the program card all its LEDs light up for a second and then just all quickly go out again?."

I have tried using the card with motor both connected and disconnected to the ESC .
I have tried connecting the card to a powered RX and then with a RX battery connected to the card alone.
Also with the main 12s battery connected to the ESC and also wile disconnected all with this same result.
I have tried both ESCs in all combination's but have now ran out of options.

Both ESCs are working fine , one on its EDF inrunner and the other set to Hele governor mode but dare not try ether on the large out runner.
Just were could I be going wrong? Ive tried emailing Kontronik tec dept over the past weeks but there not able or don't want to help.

Thanks in advance for any incite, Mark V