Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Wing tip illusion on a e-flight Nieuport 17

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Wing tip illusion on a e-flight Nieuport 17

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 11:15 PM
suzonka
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing tip illusion on a e-flight Nieuport 17

I just finished this beautiful light Nieuport 17 by E flight , and after Rigging and following instructions even from You Tube here is what I found out and need help with

Gluing of the threads at all points suggested, I noticed all the wing areas looking straight down the trailing and leading wing edge are perfect , the only question, I noticed is when the airplane is not raised up in the rear and looking straight at it from the prop [the very ends of the top wing both are down a little ] yet equal ,its almost like an optical illusion because when the tail is raised up you don't see it is this OK.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	download (1).jpg
Views:	59
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	2045306   Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	2045307  
Old 11-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Quorneng

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Suzonka
The wings will show a downward droop at the tips with the tail down as both wings are slightly swept back. In addition the top wing is broader at the tips due to the ailerons.
It is no optical illusion just the geometry!
Old 11-07-2014, 07:13 AM
suzonka
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quorneng
Suzonka
The wings will show a downward droop at the tips with the tail down as both wings are slightly swept back. In addition the top wing is broader at the tips due to the ailerons.
It is no optical illusion just the geometry!
So thats why , it sure looks like you want to turn the ends of the wing upward however then from a side view the ends will be upward as though it was an up aileron - thank you, I'm ready for its maiden flight as soon as I get a very calm day

Last edited by suzonka; 11-07-2014 at 07:14 AM. Reason: spelling