Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Horizon Hobby - Corsair with SAFE

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Horizon Hobby - Corsair with SAFE

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 09:14 PM
FlyDon9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Horizon Hobby - Corsair with SAFE

Have heard lot of opinions about the Horizon Hobby Sports Cub S and their Delta Ray with the SAFE technology but have only heard a few comments, most good about their Corsair with the SAFE technology.

Anyone who has acquired the new HH Corsair with SAFE have any comments to make?
Old 11-12-2014, 05:15 AM
weedsnager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The corsair S is my first big plane coming from the sport cub S. I think it's easier to fly than the sport cub. The safe system is a great learning tool for new guys that don't have a trainer standing next to them.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:25 PM
FlyDon9

Where do you fly this plane? If it is anywhere as maneuverable as the Sports Cub S I would think a soccer field would do.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:35 PM
weedsnager

Not as Maneuverable as the sport cub S since its a lot bigger. You can definetly use a soccer field, but it doesn't like long grass
Old 12-02-2014, 06:51 PM
FlyDon9

Thanks for the quick response,

I have put off flying the Corsair until Spring now that the snow is here. Will fly it off pavement when the time is right and that will not be for a while now that the snow is here.

Was out flying the Sports Cub S today, flew it yesterday as well, the temperature was -12C and there was a bit of wind, the weather station had the temperature pegged at -18C with the wind chill.

flights were only about 3 1/2 minutes with my 180 45C batteries yesterday, today the temperature was only -3C and there was no wind, flights lasted about 4 1/2 minutes. My flying buddy was also flying his Sports Cub S, he was using some 300 mah batteries and was getting about 5 1/2 minutes.

What a difference, when the temperature is about 10 above I get about 5 1/2 minutes with my 180 45C batteries.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:48 AM
Cpdalpiaz

Just finished binding my second Corsair S. Had the first one for almost a year before my aerobatics and hard landings finally did it in. Carried a 3 oz camera and got lots of nice videos flying from the old airport on the Mesa above St George Utah. The prop was distracting, so I turned the camera to look over the pilot's shoulder, and it was even better looking at where you just where. No problems with the SAFE, and still have the DX4e transmitter I also use with my Delta Ray. Just put Extreme Pro 180 motors on the Delta Ray, and flew it off water with a central float and home made wingtip floats. Really fun. Back to the Corsair, the book had such nice detailed instructions, I put it on my DX6i transmitter, and just finished checking the responses in my garage. Too rainy here today, but will fly it at Remote Possibilities RC field first chance. I love the Safe system, because at 74 yrs old, I need a little help. I'm also flying a Seawind by Flyzone without stability augmentation, and I have dunked it already. Very little dihedral in Flyzone planes. I had an experienced guy in the club fly it with a camera on top of the canopy. No water on that one. He did great.