Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Electric prop collet wrench TIP!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Electric prop collet wrench TIP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 12:55 PM
billinpa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Electric prop collet wrench TIP!

Guys, you know when you tighten or loosen the prop nut on your Tower RxR motors, how difficult it is to grab the flats on the collet while turning the spinner nut to get the prop on and off? I'm talking specifically about the Tower Hobbies RxR Corsair, but I'm sure there are others. I drilled out the hole in the nut very very slightly so I can get a thicker piece of rod (to turn it) and I use a bicycle repair wrench for cone bearings to hold the collet. It's a very thin 13mm wrench. I use the 13mm side, the wrench includes 13,14,15 and 16mm slots. It's a "Spin Doctor" product and I got it at Performance Bicycle. I think I paid a couple of bucks for it years ago when I was re-packing the bearings on my mountain bike. Try it!

Bill in Pa.
Old 07-30-2015, 03:49 PM
Jennifer Curtis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never noticed it had flats until I saw your
post and checked my corsair.

I always hold the prop blades when I turn
the spinner. On a flimsy slow flyer prop
like that one, I am sure to hold both
blades so I don't break one off. I've
had no trouble getting it tight enough.

Jenny