Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Parkzone P51 Mustang Upgrade ideas???

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Parkzone P51 Mustang Upgrade ideas???

Old 08-14-2015, 08:01 PM
tmenold
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone P51 Mustang Upgrade ideas???

Recently while flying my PZ Mustang I burnt up the stock ESC and Motor. Actually the motor burnt out and caused my ESC to fry also. Not knowing the motor was bad, I bought a new ESC. I hooked everything up with my new ESC and then found out the motor is bad. I currently am still running the stock 20C, 2S 1300mah batteries with the 18A ESC. I thought since I also have to replace the 480 brushless motor for $45, now may be the time to apply some upgrades. I am looking for the basic upgrades to improve the performance/speed of this little guy. I'd like to do it at minimal cost, if there is such a way to do this. Not sure if I can continue to utilize the small batteries while doing this??? I'm sure that people will say to get a bigger motor/ESC/battery, so basically I'm asking for direction of what and where. I am fairly new to electrics so details are great. I've done just a bit of research and am seeing that a Turnigy Power 10 is nice for the motor..... thoughts?? I'd like to do minimal modifications to the airframe when adding these upgrades if at all possible but any ideas are welcome. Thanks for any advice/input!!!