Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Tactic 650 w/ 2 receivers

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 03:44 PM
billinpa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tactic 650 w/ 2 receivers

Today I bound my Tactic 650 to my Electric Corsair and glow J-3 Cub, some reversing was necessary and trimming. Both planes flew very well. On the ground with both planes turned on and the transmitter set to fly the Cub I wiggled the sticks and both planes reacted. Two seperate receivers, one transmitter, both Rx's properly bound. Of course we only fly one at a time! Is this normal and equivalent to for example two glow planes on channel 18 using my Futaba Conquest FM radios, both on the ground, move the sticks and both planes surfaces react? Also I seemed to have lost the settings for my Corsair after I flew the Cub. Did I hit a button I shouldn't have hit? I don't remember. Thanks everyone for the electric support with my posts, I'm new to 2.4 and am getting there slowly!

Bill in Pa.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:17 PM
BoiseBee
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill;
I,m curious, why would you want to bind one tx to two rx's? I have the 650. It provides 20 memories. It's easy to switch back and forth.
I've been flying the single antenna rx and the two antenna (only $5 more). For the price, and if you don't want a bunch of channels, this is a nice setup. I use 4 NiMH in the tx instead of 8. What's not to like?
Old 08-18-2015, 10:36 PM
billinpa

I repeat..........TWO airplanes TWO receivers ie. ONE receiver per airplane. I have used TWO of the 20 momory positions in the
Tactic 650. Airplane A contains one bound receiver Airplane B contains one bound receiver.

Bill
Old 08-19-2015, 05:27 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is perfectly normal. Any receiver can be bound to the transmitter; i.e. you can have as many receivers as you like bound to the same transmitter so, when you apply power to that receiver and the transmitter is on, that receiver will respond.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:40 AM
billinpa

Rodney Thnx, I thought so...new to 2.4 technology. New to electric also, I'm learning. The switch assignment is confusing with the Tactic 650 and thus far I haven't had the need to go that far, yet. I do have my Tower RxR Corsair set up with some Expo as well as my 61 Nitro giant J-3. I have every switch in the full forward positions with no functions assigned other than the defaults to factory settings.

Bill