Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

APC Pusher Prop not pushing

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 05:09 PM
mustangman177

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APC Pusher Prop not pushing

Bought these APC pusher props, but they do not push the air. Tried putting them on each direction, with same results. Do I need to reverse the direction the motor turns ?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPVF1&P=7

The original propeller "Pushes" the air in the right direction.

Also one more question. Can you take a regular tractor prop and put it on backwards to make a pusher out of it ?

Thanks

Cary

Last edited by mustangman177; 10-05-2015 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:25 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Brushless motors don't really need pusher props. As long as the front of the prop is facing forward and the motor is turning in the correct direction, Plane should go forward.

Is it trying to pull the plane backwards?

Post a picture or 3.

Buzz.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:48 PM
tacx
My Feedback: (1)

Reversing a prop, tractor or pusher, does not reverse the air flow. Your APC prop should have printing molded into the front of the prop. The front of the prop should face the front of your plane.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:28 AM
mustangman177

Originally Posted by tacx
Reversing a prop, tractor or pusher, does not reverse the air flow. Your APC prop should have printing molded into the front of the prop. The front of the prop should face the front of your plane.
Correct !!!! Found that out through doing this it would not work. Ultimately, switched 2 of the 3 wires on the ESC and reversed motor direction this way.

Curious though as to why props would be made differently this way ????? I would think that ALL pusher props would "Push" the air and not have to worry about the direction the motor was turning.

Cary
Old 11-09-2015, 09:15 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pusher props are for internal combustion engines as they only turn one way. Well without a lot of modes that is. I do not bother with pusher props. I use tractor props, mounted with the front of the prop facing forward. Props don't really care what end of the plane they are on, just as long as they spin the correct way.

Buzz.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:58 AM
mustangman177

I replaced the original pusher prop with the APC Props Both Pusher props.

The original prop pushed the airflow in the correct direction, away from the plane. The APC pusher prop would force airflow back over the plane, in the reverse direction, with the motor turning in the same direction on both.

Thanks for the help.

Cary