Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Increasing Range on Radio Transmitter

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Increasing Range on Radio Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 04:17 PM
drone665

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Increasing Range on Radio Transmitter

I have a CX-10A mini drone and I have attached an npn transistor to the antenna, and hooked the collector to the +3v, the base where the antenna was, and the antenna on the end of the emitter.

I was wondering how I could attach some extra batteries to have even more than just the 3v. How would I wire this? Would it work to join the ground from the additional batteries with the remote then put the +voltage to the collector of the npn transistor? or would that blow my remote?
Old 10-17-2015, 03:16 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What you are doing should defiantly REDUCE your range to essentially a few feet or less. You can not boost the range in this manner. Also, if in the USA it would be illegal to up the power above specified limits as defined by regulations.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:19 PM
drone665

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've already attached the transistor, and my range is no less, probably similar to before. this is why I want an extra power supply, and I don't care about regulations, I'm working with battery powered radio transmitters so the FCC isn't coming after me.