Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

MrRCsound

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 06:07 AM
bignuggets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MrRCsound

After reading the positive reviews about MrRcsound, I purchased the Aspire sound card with 1 tt-25 transducer.. I installed it in my 1400 Cessna and before flying my plane tested the system using a 3s 3000mAh lipo. Sounded great. At the field, I flew the plane taking note that the sound was very impressive. Landed, changed batteries and took off again. During mid fight the sound stopped. Thinking it might be a bad connection I landed. All connections were solid. I quickly discovered that the warning on the transducer about it being hot was an under statement. It was McDonaldds coffee spilled in my lap HOT! Removing the transducer from the mount I noticed that the round metal disk in the transducer was displaced. A nudge with my finger put it back into place. Still no sound. When I power up the Aspire it does not initialize as it did before with no sound.. 2 lights on the card light up. So I have concluded that the transducer is at fault. MotionRC is sending me a free replacement TT-25. Has anyone had any similar issues with this system? Hopefully, the problem does not lie with the card itself.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:47 AM
bignuggets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Received a new Aspire after returning the old one. Works GREAT! Just a couple of things. 1. I have noted that when the lipo begins to lose mAh during flight the sound from the Aspire starts to cut in and out. Installing a fresh lipo solves the problem. Apparently, the Aspire requires a LOT OF JUICE to function properly. 2. I have purchased several tt25 transducers but they were expensive. After dong a lot of internet searching I found transducers, the same size, look, weight and feel of the ones that came with my Aspire. I purchased a couple and there is no difference in sound quality and the weight is the same. At less than half the price too!!!!! Dayton Audio DAEX25VT-4 Vented 25mm Exciter 20W 4 Ohm. Price is $8.50 The web site is http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-...4-ohm--295-222.