Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Hobby King - Degraded Customer Support

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Hobby King - Degraded Customer Support

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 12:27 PM
Parkflyer939215

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Hobby King - Degraded Customer Support

I can only advise anyone that frequently purchase hobby items, think twice about purchasing from Hobby King. Oh yes there prices may be lower than others in some respects. Most people are finding their customer support is terrible. A vendor without customer support can not exist very long..

My experience with Hobby King has been very flustrating to put it mildly. I ordered a plane from their east warehouse Web site which indicated that item was stocked. One week later I got concerned when the product had not shipped. I was told at that time the product was back ordered. I immediately cancelled the order because of the back order ( misleading information ).

Since the order was canceled, I requested a refund to PayPal. At first, they wanted me to leave it as a " store credit " and use it for future orders. This would have given Hobby King use of my money ( over $200.00 ) interest free for their use. I finally got them to issue me a refund receipt to Paypal.

Some 11 business days later, PayPal had not received a credit to my account. I contacted Hobby King support and they kept telling me the receipt was being held up in accounting.They refused to give me a contact with their accounting or a supervisor.

Amazing enough when you order an item, they demand immediate payment but when a credit is requested, only when they decide it is convenient. As of this writing, I still do not have a Paypal credit ( 11 business days later ).

I can not recommend or endorse Hobby King services and therefore feel they should receive some " free " advertisement.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:32 PM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

You have to have customer service to have a decline!! LOL

NEVER NEVER NEVER pay hobby king with PayPal.. Use PAY PAL with CREDIT CARD. That way you can call your credit card issuer and have your credit card disputed..

Their customer service gets really good when the CC company takes the money back.. Trust me.. been there done that..
Old 12-13-2016, 06:45 PM
krokodyl

Most guys that I know pretend that hobbyking has no warranty or service, and that's the way I go about it to. If something comes in damaged, I would ignore it, because getting the warranty would require too much hassle (especially in Canada). I never order expensive stuff from hobbyking though. When I order something, I wait until it get's shiipped, usually doesn't take too long. Ofcourse, if it didn't ship after a few months, I would go through the hassle of getting my money back.

Hubert