Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Problem with Lipo batteries

Old 10-28-2012, 12:14 PM
SAMCPAKISTAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Lipo batteries

Hi everyone, we are having problem in 3 Cell & 4Cell lipo batteries, their one cell went under voltage 1.5v & 2.1v. we are using IMax B-6 Ac pro charger. Please provide us some suggestion to solve the issue.
Expert advice will be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Old 10-28-2012, 12:38 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Problem with Lipo batteries

End flight sooner and as a back-up plan set a LVC on the ESC.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:15 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the charger will even do a balance charge, try that. If the charger will cycle the battery, start with a balance discharge, then a balance recharge. Some charges will not even start when the batteries are to far out of voltage.

Buzz.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:58 AM
cubaneight

Once a li-po cell gets to such a low state of discharge, there's really nothing that can be done to get it back to anything like new. Cells can be recovered to a degree (I've done it!) but it's potentially dangerous as a fire is possible if great care is not taken. I managed to get the cells to take a charge by forced charging, but their resulting poor capacity and high internal resistance made the cell next to useless. li-pos are pretty cheap these days so throw out the damaged ones and take extra care of replacements.

C8
Old 10-30-2012, 07:15 AM
subzJC

Are you testing the cells individually with a meter or are you going by what the charger reads?
Occasionally I will get a cell reading low due to poor connections either on the balance board
or where the balance board plugs into the charger. Makes me wonder when you say your having problems in both a 3 and 4 cell batt.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:39 PM
SAMCPAKISTAN

Dear, Thanks for reply. we have checked the connectors & those are ok. but having the problem as it is.
We have tried to avail charging by using NIXX setting, but result is zero.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:42 AM
Tluu
My Feedback: (85)

ORIGINAL: blvdbuzzard

If the charger will even do a balance charge, try that. If the charger will cycle the battery, start with a balance discharge, then a balance recharge. Some charges will not even start when the batteries are to far out of voltage.

Buzz.
+1
Old 12-23-2016, 09:52 AM
SAMCPAKISTAN

Originally Posted by subzJC
Are you testing the cells individually with a meter or are you going by what the charger reads?
Occasionally I will get a cell reading low due to poor connections either on the balance board
or where the balance board plugs into the charger. Makes me wonder when you say your having problems in both a 3 and 4 cell batt.
Dear, I use Lipo meter to check the voltage of cells, the meter is suitable for up to 6 cell with individual cell voltage.