Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Electric twin conversion of Hangar 9 .60 size Ultra Stick

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Electric twin conversion of Hangar 9 .60 size Ultra Stick

Old 03-26-2017, 11:53 AM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric twin conversion of Hangar 9 .60 size Ultra Stick

[h=2]Although I have been flying RC planes for lots of years, I am completely new to electric RC planes. That being said, I have recently took a .60 size Hangar 9 Ultra Stick and converted it to an electric twin. I am using two .46 size, 675kv motors, with two 80 amp ESC's, running on one 5000 MAh battery..I have flown this setup 2 short flights, but I was surprised it wasn't a lot faster than it was, though it did not have any trouble taking off.. The props I am using are APC 13x6.5 electric props. I have hooked the plane to a digital fish scale and with a full battery, I get around 3.25 lb of pulling force. When the plane flew, if I spent much time at a higher throttle setting, the wiring near the battery would get pretty warm, (both motors feed into a Y to the battery) but the battery was only a little warm.[/h]

So, I am wondering if I switched to two .32 size, 800kv motors, turning 11x5 props, would I possibly get more thrust while pulling fewer amps to help with the wires getting hot. Any info you guys can give is appreciated.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:48 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What is the cell count of the battery? How many amps are you pulling? drop the prop length, raise the pitch, raise the cell count. All will change how fast the plane flies. Pitch is speed, length is pull. A 15x3 prop will give the plane a lot of pull, but not a lot of speed.

Buzz.